Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greg09

Is it a bad idea to use a lot of moisturiser?

Hi,

I have blackheads on my nose and forehead. Forehead isn't bad at all nose, nose isn't great.

I currently use Nivea Sensitive skin moisturiser and apply a generous mount to my face in the morning and before I go to bed. Should I use less perhaps or maybe change my moisturiser as this one doesn't have any active ingredients to combat blackheads?

Thanks

Yes only use the amount you need.

Paula's choice makes my blackheads less visible, but if i use a lot of moisturizer (i have Dan's, wich is on of the safest) my blackheads get worse.

I don't necessarily think extra moustirizer will make it worse. But yes - only use what you need. My skin is EXTREMELY dry, so I apply my mousturizer, then wait 10 minutes and apply it again (morning and night). If your skin isn't dry, then I don't think you need to apply it more than once.

For me, personally- using too much moisturizer makes my pimples appear larger and more inflamed. That may also be the case for you. If you want to change your moisturizer too one that helps blackheads, that's totally up to you. I use a moisturizer with AHA that has helped my blackheads, and has cleared most of them up especially around my nose. It's called Kiss My Face Peaches & Creme Moisturizer, you can get the AHA in 4% and 8%. I use the 4% because my skin can be sensitive. You can buy this moisturizer at Whole foods or online at drugstore.com. I love it because it's all natural, smells delicious, and is a great moisturizer that gives me a nice glow.