Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
greg09

Acne going, going, going, gone with ZINERYT!

I don't want to tempt fate here but I am 30 years old and have suffered with acne for years. I tried antibiotics in my teens for about a year but then couldn't be bothered as I didn't think they worked. I just tried to ignore my skin problem as it had died down to a not-that-bad level but at the start of the year I thought enough is enough and I decided to go my GP. He prescribed a lotion called Zineryt which I would put on my face in the morning and before I went to bed and several months later it has made a real difference. The only thing I suffer from now is a few blackheads with the very occasional spot!

Obviously no one can ever say 100% why their acne has cleared up but I believe that the Zineryt has played a major role in controlling my acne. People say that it eventually stops working but my GP (who is a sensible guy) says that if I continue to use it and kill the bacteria infection which is causing my spots then there is no reason why my acne should flare up again. Fingers crossed.

Good luck people!

I've been using Zineryt for several months but I'm not really seeing an improvement. I'm still getting spots here. Had a huge one on my chin the other day which left a huge mark/scab, went to the Dr. who wasn't particularly helpful.

Used this and it cleared me 95%...but it stopped working after about 2 years. been a while since i used it so might try it again

Problem with this product is that it's an antibiotic, which eventually stop working. I guess if you used a BP wash before, it'd kill all the bacteria so it couldn't adapt to the solution, but the bacteria do grow stronger against this eventually.

I don't want to tempt fate here but I am 30 years old and have suffered with acne for years. I tried antibiotics in my teens for about a year but then couldn't be bothered as I didn't think they worked. I just tried to ignore my skin problem as it had died down to a not-that-bad level but at the start of the year I thought enough is enough and I decided to go my GP. He prescribed a lotion called Zineryt which I would put on my face in the morning and before I went to bed and several months later it has made a real difference. The only thing I suffer from now is a few blackheads with the very occasional spot!

Obviously no one can ever say 100% why their acne has cleared up but I believe that the Zineryt has played a major role in controlling my acne. People say that it eventually stops working but my GP (who is a sensible guy) says that if I continue to use it and kill the bacteria infection which is causing my spots then there is no reason why my acne should flare up again. Fingers crossed.

Good luck people!

It took a good 6 months to work for me, stick at it.

As for it only working for a limited period, my older brother's acne cleared up when he was about my age and hasn't come back so I'm hoping mine will do the same!