Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CallToArms

Aczone Topical Regimen Log

This will be for my personal regimen Log as well as the community to see as well.

--Was Given Aczone (dapsone gel 5%) from my Derm.

--Also was Given Ovace Plus daily face wash.

I was on The Daniel Kern Regimen(acne.org) for 3 months with little to no success. So i decided to try the Derms. scripts/advice. When i was a Teen I was on everything, Antibiotics,Differin, Retin-a, washes which was little to no success. I then was prescribed Accutane when I was 17 years old which cleared me up to perfection, I'm now 25 and have had a slight comeback of my acne(within the past 4 months). My acne was diagnosed as very very mild, but to me its bad.

Im hoping this new product will be the cure to get me clear again.

I haven't been shaving recently due to the aggravation it causes to my acne.

Can someone help me, I'm having a very difficult time trying to get the pics to work on this site, there hosted at photobucket.com

Day 1

DSCN0329.jpg

DSCN0330.jpg

DSCN0331.jpg

Day 2

Not to much of a change, The acne seems to not hurt at all today which is a plus. I might look a little oily b/c i just applied moisturizer. Couple new mini ones coming out but those were already on there way before starting this regimen.

DSCN0332.jpg

DSCN0333.jpg

DSCN0334.jpg

Your acne is really similar to mine, my face has a few more spots (not many), so I'll be monitoring your thread. I think I just obsess over mine so it seems like it's really bad, but yeah..

I posted in my thread to your response. Meh, I'd rather go on Accutane tbh. Oh well, good luck to both of us I guess.

Day 3

Looks the same. maybe a little less red, I dunno. I noticed that my face only get dry on the active pimples. The aczone seems to dry the active ones up pretty quickly. Not to drying. Pretty mild topical if you ask me. There should be no IB b/c its an topical antibiotic. So we will see.

DSCN0335.jpg

DSCN0336.jpg

DSCN0337-1.jpg

Day 4

Looks to be some improvement. They dont hurt at all anymore. redness reduced. My complexion seems to be a little more even, which is cool. Still very very little drying, by far the least drying med i have ever put on my face!!

DSCN0348.jpg

DSCN0349.jpg

DSCN0350.jpg

Your acne really is getting a lot better. The only thing I don't like about AcZone is that it's so TINY. Geez, and it's pricy too. I had a coupon though that let me get it for free.

"Languages" Thanks for the comment, and yes its extremely expensive for such a small amount. I paid $60 with insurance.. :shock: ..I hope the best for you!!!

Day 5

Redness reduced further. No pain as well. No drying( i do apply a little moisture in the morning). I think its actually making my skin slightly i mean very slightly more oily. My complexion seems to be getting more neutral color and not so red anymore, thats good. I'm happy so far.

DSCN0351.jpg

DSCN0352.jpg

DSCN0353.jpg

I've heard that aczone makes skin oilier. Why does this occur and when does it go away?

For most people, yes aczone does make the skin oilier. No one really knows why this happens, but if you take a little bit of aczone and rub it between your fingers it does feel kind of "oily". It doesn't say on the tube that it's oil based- so I think that it's one of the ingredients in the treatment that makes it feel oily. The aczone itself doesn't make your skin oily, it just feels and/or looks oily on your face. I don't think it ever goes away, at least it hasn't for me. Like I said, I think it's just one of the ingredients in the product that make it feel oily. If that's the case, the oily ingredient isn't going to just go away. It isn't so bad, though. If you are a girl and put it on in the morning, some pressed powder can easily take away some of the excess shine...

It seems as though it makes your skin seem like its producing more oil but I believe its the product sitting on your face. For me its so minimal i can hardly notice it. It will stay this way till treatment stops. I would rather have my face appear more wet then dry and be able to laugh and Eat a hamburger with out my face cracking apart like most other acne topicals have done to my skin.

Day 6

Seems to be the same as my past replies, Less red, No dryness. The wash (ovace) is just as(if not more) calming and smooth as Daniel Kern's wash just with the added antibacterial ingredient, Highly recommend. Seems good so far. I was in the sun all day and have been drinking, so my face may look a little red then the past days. I cant believe how small the tube is(Aczone) :wall:

Is there a way I can post these pics so you don't have too copy and paste the link in a new window?

DSCN0354.jpg

DSCN0355.jpg

DSCN0356.jpg

DAY 8

Might have a little break out to come. I have three active ones now. They dont hurt yet and just showed there face this morning, so we will see what Aczone will do against these guys. I was in the sun all day yesterday and today. My face looks really oily with the camera flash..Just when i thought I could shave again without irritation, these little buggers show up.

DSCN0357.jpg

DSCN0358.jpg

DSCN0362-1.jpg

Well, I don't know if this helps or not, but when I shave regularly I get less acne compared to when I don't shave. Also, have you tried an electric shaver? Might be less irritating.

Day 10

Gotta a couple on my neck, which sucks. Other then that seems to be the same as past days. The tube is slowly running out.

DSCN0363.jpg

DSCN0364.jpg

DSCN0365.jpg

Day 12

The ones on the neck are still there. but yet again I believe the aczone helps reduce the Pain somewhat, i dont know how though? The rest of the face seems to be pretty smooth with just the red marks left to deal with now.

Sorry no pics today camera battery dead, will wait for it to charge and try tomorrow.

Bubbly_

I like Aczone so far, its a very very gentle topical. The most gentle I have tried and I have tried them all in my teen years. There seems to be very minimal to no drying at all. It feels a little grainy when applying but rubs in quickly. I absolutely hate the small size of the tube and cost. I paid $60usd with insurance and its only 30grams very very small amount for the money. I believe its $120 without insurance. I apply twice daily and the tube is almost on its way out, after 12 days..Thats Ridiculous!!!!!!! I would highly recommend as its so gentle yet effective and works pretty quickly compared to the other topicals.

Day 13

There is a really big red inflamed one on my upper neck jawline, which doesnt hurt at all, before the aczone i would have for sure felt this one. My face doesnt seem to be as clear as late last week but not bad I guess. I think i might be in store for some around my mouth again.. :wall:

I have alot of red marks which seems to take forever to fade, i mean 4+ months and still not that much of a change. :wall:

DSCN0370.jpg

DSCN0371.jpg

DSCN0372.jpg

Day 17

Have a couple new small ones forming on my cheek not bad though. That big inflamed one has faded considerably since i last posted. The aczone doesnt seem to do much on non inflamed acne. My face is getting better, slowly. My red marks are fading quiker since not being on Benzoyl Peroxide. I have a doc appt. this wednesday so we will see what she says and her opinion is. I Had to get the Aczone refilled today which cost $60 :wall:

No pics sorry :cry: