Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vincent8888

Treatment for PIH after fractional CO2 laser

I am Chinese and have done fractional CO2 laser for three times. Some improvements on my acne scar in the first two times with about 1 weeks downtime after treatment. However, I have serious hyperpigmnetation after the third CO2 laser. The laser in the third treatment is stronger.

It has been four weeks over with application of Hydroquinone in the last week, but the pigment in my skin is still about the same.

One doctor suggests me to do TCA chemical peel and the other suggests me to do Intense Pulsed Light in few weeks. If yes, how strong should I do? What should I do or do you have other suggestion which is safer and faster???

Thanks in advance for your help.

Let me tell you this, you make the PIH look even worst if you apply Hydroquinone. What you need not is a simple Chemical Peel (Glycolic Acid) 50% and you skin will return to normal fairly soon.

Tell me more about the CO2 Fractional Laser. How many percentage of improvement would you say and do you think it is worth the time and money?

I dont know why doctors still use hydroquinone if Alfa-Arbutin is more efficient and less irritating..

anyway

I doubt hydroquinone makes you more red.. do a series of light peels, like glycolic and keep using hydroquinone x)

Hi Vincent8888

Has your post inflammatory hyperpigmentation issues resolved?If so how?

I am in the same boat.

I don't know if you have this available in your country, but if you do, buy it. It is very good for hyperpigmentation after peels: http://www.dermatocosmetice.eu/auriderm-xo.php

I started using it about 10 days ago and I can already see a HUGE improvement. I am 7 months post my full face CO2 laser. My face was still quite red and I was very worried and depressed. But it seems to be getting better with Auriderm. I also take DETRALEX (produced in France), twice a day. Good luck!

I dont know why doctors still use hydroquinone if Alfa-Arbutin is more efficient and less irritating..

anyway

I doubt hydroquinone makes you more red.. do a series of light peels, like glycolic and keep using hydroquinone x)

It has been 8 weeks after my fractional CO2, but my PIH is just about 20% treated. My face still have some square dark spots which affect my normal life so much.

I have tried a mild IPL one two weeks ago, but no noticable result.

Can anyone advise me for the these two treatments?

1. Blue peel 10-15% two times in 2 months

2. Fraxel repair to (a) make my PIH more even, reduce the appearance of square spots (b) reduce my acne scar.

Also, I have started Triluma yesterday. Seems that it is better than just Hydroquinone.

It has been 8 weeks after my fractional CO2, but my PIH is just about 20% treated. My face still have some square dark spots which affect my normal life so much.

I have tried a mild IPL one two weeks ago, but no noticable result.

Can anyone advise me for the these two treatments?

1. Blue peel 10-15% two times in 2 months

2. Fraxel repair to (a) make my PIH more even, reduce the appearance of square spots (b) reduce my acne scar.

Also, I have started Triluma yesterday. Seems that it is better than just Hydroquinone.

Hi

I am sufferring the same effects from fraxel c02 laser. my dermatologist has recommended I try 20% TCA peels. I will start them in a few weeks as my skin is still red. Hope this helps I am skin type iv. Does anyone have experience with this treatment????

hello everyone,

I have this PIH problem too after my CO2 treatment. I did it once in Sep 2009 and until now I still can see the dark spot on my face. Especially on my scar problem. It makes my face very ugly and dirty...I have been using Triluma for a year.

Any suggestion? I dont mind to do some laser treatment provided it does help for my PIH problem. This problem has been affecting me since day one after the CO2 treatment.

Thank you.