Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AddictedToBP

The Regimen Works Im Clear & Flake Free!

Hey guys,

I’ve been doing the regimen for many years and I just wanted to stop by to share the products and steps I take for my version of the Acne.org Regimen. This regimen has kept me clear and flake-free, so I thought it would be useful to share this information. My type of acne is moderate and my whole face is prone to acne.

The 3 products that have kept me clear and flake free are:

1. Dove Sensitive Skin Soap Bar - An unscented soap bar with a 1/4 moisturizer.

2. Acne.org 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide - I’ve tried many brands of BP and Dan’s is the best and cheapest.

3. Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion - This moisturizer keeps me flake-free and it doesn’t burn like the Acne.org moisturizer or turn your face red.

That’s all I need to keep me clear.

My regimen is based on the Acne.org Regimen, so the first 3 steps (wash, medicate, and moisturize) are the same.

In the morning after waking up:

1. Wash face.

2. Medicate face - I apply 1 full pump of BP over my entire face. That’s about 1 index finger worth of BP to me.

3. Moisturize face - I apply about 0.70 pumps of moisturizer. That’s about 2/3 of an index finger for me.

4. An extra step - a few minutes after moisturizing, I wipe off the residue left on my face with a towel because the Cetaphil moisturizer is thick and it leaves a sticky film. After wiping my skin is dry to the touch.

I have slightly greasy skin, so throughout the day I pat my skin dry with a clean towel or tissue paper.

At night after showering:

All the same steps above, but I use 1.5 pumps of BP (1 and 1/2 index fingers worth) and 1 full pump of moisturizer (1 index finger worth) at night. I find that my skin is much drier after taking a shower, and that is why I use more. If you shower in the morning, I recommend swapping the night and morning amounts.

That’s all folks! No special pills, no additional products, no other steps. I do try to avoid the sugary drinks, but other than that, I eat whatever I want. My skin is clear, soft, flake free, and it even has a bit of a glow (from the moisturizer).

The amount of BP and moisturizer you use is a balancing act. You need just enough BP to keep you clear and just enough moisturizer to keep you flake free. Adjust accordingly and you should see results.

Good luck guys!

Thank you very much for everything, it is a very complete information !

I have a question for you: I would like to use the Cetaphil Moisturizing Lotion, but I am afraid because many people say they broke out with it.

I consulted the list of ingredients comedogenic / non-comedogenic on zerozits.com and has a comedogenic ingredient (cetearyl alcohl + Ceteareth 20).

Have you no problems with clogged pores or blackheads with it?

Thank you very much

Hi mimie2022,

I have no problems with the Cetaphil moisturizer. It doesn’t clog my pores or cause me to break out.

The Cetaphil moisturizer is the only moisturizer I’ve found that can take care of dry skin and flakiness completely - no additional products needed. It’s very thick and it may leave a greasy-sticky residue on your skin after applying it, but I take care of that by wiping off the excess (step 4).

I think you should try using the Cetaphil moisturizer for at least two weeks and then decide if it’s working for you or not.

I think it really depends on how severe your acne is. I can get away with 1 pump in the morning and 1.5 pumps at night after showering.

It’s really about finding the right amount that keeps you clear.

but in all that time acne goes away alone. Not need to spendt a lot of moneys in soaps, cremes and other :shifty: :shifty:

Not for everyone. I'm 41. If I do not follow my regimen (and I do take three month breaks), I break out again. I myself do not use the regimen from this site, I use one I gleaned from information on these boards. You, too, can find what works for you, using these boards.