Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skm430

clindamycin, what does it actually do?

Hey everyone,

quick question. I'm on Dan's regimen right now and it seems to be going okay but when I used to be on a BP/Clindamycin/Doxycycline(pills) my skin would stay alot clearer, softer and the redness in my skin would fade alot faster. Is it something in the clindamycin or the pills that helps in this area because with Dan's regimen I still have small bumps and redness on my face and the moisturizer isn't working as well as I'd thought.

Thanks.

Hey everyone,

quick question. I'm on Dan's regimen right now and it seems to be going okay but when I used to be on a BP/Clindamycin/Doxycycline(pills) my skin would stay alot clearer, softer and the redness in my skin would fade alot faster. Is it something in the clindamycin or the pills that helps in this area because with Dan's regimen I still have small bumps and redness on my face and the moisturizer isn't working as well as I'd thought.

Thanks.

Hey..

I was on similar medication like you.. Clindamycin(Morning) + BP 2.5%(Night) + Doxycycline(100 mg once a day).. This was prescribed by my Derm... This combo did wonders for me.. I had mild to moderate acne.. Just in 15 days my skin was clear.. Just left with few brown marks.. This is something which worked for me after trying most of the things.. I'll also advise you to use a moisturizer with this combo as it wont dry out your skin.. Though clindamycin is not as drying as compared to BP.. Google about clindamycin & BP and you'll find out many reports saying "The combination reduces bacterial counts" also "Multiple studies have shown this combination to be more effective in the treatment of acne than the use of either product by itself"..

Hope this hepls!!

Adding in benzyol peroxide with a clindamycin treatment will also help ensure no bacterial resistance to the clindamycin. On the surface of the skin, and only where you use the BP that is. Interior, your GI tract will still be adversely affected by the clindamycin.