Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meow Meow Hiss

Nadia's Clear Skin Journey

Alright, so tonight was the first night that I started the Acne.org regimen. I actually just got my products in the mail today so I thought I would get a head start by doing a night time routine. I'm trying to be a stickler with myself about really sticking to the plan, because I know without specifically following the guidelines, that it simply won't work.

I watched a few videos on Dan's blog just to make sure that I would get the technique. I then went to wash my face, which I hope I did correctly. I applied the BP although I think I messed up here because I sort of spread it out and left it, instead of working it into the skin. Now that I've put on the moisturizer my skin feels sticky (probably the caked on bp doing this).

Oh well, the morning is another opportunity to practice doing the regimen correctly.. :angel:

Also how do I attach pics? Progress Pics in My Gallery

................................Please Feel Free To Correct Me, Guide Me, Q or A Me.................................

Hi Nadia,

When applying the BP, gently spread it until it starts to feel sticky then let it absorb on its own the rest of the way. I usually watch tv or finish getting ready (if it's morning) while I wait. The moisturizer may feel a little sticky. Just apply enough to be adequately moisturized.

Good luck with the regimen and here's to clear skin!!

So officially it's day two of my regimen. I've not had any problems with itchiness or flaking, dryness or irritation (and I was accidentally using a full pump of bp). I hope I don't jinx it and wake up tomorrow with flakes!! I'm still having that sticky thing with the moisturizer but I brushed on a bare minerals mineral veil and that seemed to help. i think i used too much moisturizer. Anyways here's to hoping my technique improves!

the photos attached were taken yesterday. I think I'll be doing a weekly pic every friday or so :cool:

post-105797-1245570134_thumb.jpg

post-105797-1245570159_thumb.jpg

post-105797-1245570170_thumb.jpg

post-105797-1245570134_thumb.jpg

post-105797-1245570159_thumb.jpg

post-105797-1245570170_thumb.jpg

Alrighty this is day 4 of my acne.org regimen and so far im feeling good about it :dance: ! i have 3 breakouts to report, but honestly, they're not new at all. I've been feeling them grow since the beginning of last week when i wash my face and they have just come to a pustule (one on forehead, one on each cheek). I'm not worried about them, they dont hurt and i think they will just dry up and go away on their own. Today i started to get a little bit red and irritated but nothing too serious. I fixed the sticky problem! I think previously i was adding too much moisturizer and not really working it into my skin, rather leaving it on top of the skin, making it greasy and sticky! Now i use half a pump of moisturizer and dab it on to my fingers. I get it on my skin and work it in slowly like i would the bp (i use this gentle "push method" by just using the very tips of my finger to slide it across my face). I find this helps it dry faster and it completely eliminates the sticky feeling. The catch is that Im shiny all day but I attribute that to the jojoba oil in the moisturizer, and id rather be shiny than dry, flaky and irritated. If the shine gets out of control I just swipe a little bare minerals mineral veil across my face (A little Palladio Rice Powder in translucent fixes this perfectly - No Color mean you guys out there can use it too! :cool: ).

My nose is feeling rather prickly and I think I'll use a combination of the babybrush and jojoba oil method (aka slather jojoba on my face and gently swipe the brush across my nose).

Now I'm sure i'll get the risen blackheads on the bridge and sides of my nose but does anyone have any suggestion as to how to get those stubborn ones located directly under the nostrils? that little area is always red due to the clogged pores..... :ninja:

Also Look Out for New Pics on Friday!!!

=====shout out to rede4bed for the suggestion on how to un-sticky-fy myself========

ive been terrible about keeping this log. I will do a lot better next week. Anyhow here are the belated weekly pictures of my progress so far. Since my last post, my skin has gotten ALOT more dry and flakey but with the jojoba oil method of removing flakes ive been keeping the flakeys at bay. I'm started to get a little red but nothing a little everyday minerals can't hide! I love that stuff!.

All of my old zits have healed and cleared completely and I only have one new zit to report. Its amazing how fast blemishes clear up since starting the regimen. Despite these minor mile stones, I am still striving to have perfectly clear skin, and for that I must have a lot of patience and continue to be diligent in doing the regimen. I will not surrender to ACNE. NO WAY!post-105797-1246251410_thumb.jpg

post-105797-1246251410_thumb.jpg

Wow, your new pic looks great! Good news on your skin clearing. As for the dryness, I hear ya - I'm in the same boat but it will pass. Cool As Kim had a pretty interesting exfoliation technique using jojoba. It might work for you.

Don't worry about not posting diligently, just send an update when you can :surprised:

Yikes! Two new breakouts! Damn, I know it's normal to still be breaking out but It;s frustrating. Im not picking at them as they are still relatively small and neither of the three on my face have come to a head. I've applied a little extra BP on the spots hoping to shrink them. I keep telling myself to have faith, that the breakouts WILL shrink, they WILL dry up and go away. The dryness is starting to get to me, as well as the flakeyness but I dont want to do the exfoliation method too much for fear of irritating my skin. Next week Im going to re-order my Regimen kit along with some AHA so I'll be ready for the following month. *Sigh* Here's to hoping it gets better.....

Alright week 3 of the regimen and I am really happy with the progress I;ve made so far. I've been a stickler about following the steps day and night and it seems to be paying off. At first, I thought my dry skin was just the worst, it was so embarrassing for my face to crack and peel in public! Such a thing happened to me yesterday at macys. Yikes, I ducked into the beauty department and slathered on some Clinique Dramatically different Moisturizer because i knew it was thick enough to his the dryness and wouldn't clog my pores. I know i looked like a crazy freeloader doing it but its not like i had face moisturizer in my purse (although i really should!) I'm still experimenting with the babybrush method and so far have found that it's okay for daily use, once a day in a steamy shower. The babybrush is the only thing that is alleviating my flakeyness, thank goodness! Zits have shrunk YAY! Progress pics below (i think my dark spots lightened up!)

post-105797-1246782008_thumb.jpg

post-105797-1246782024_thumb.jpg

post-105797-1246782008_thumb.jpg

post-105797-1246782024_thumb.jpg

no pics today, i feel nasty, gross, ugly and disgusting. This past week i have had 3 breakouts, with two new ones on my chin. Although the last 3 have healed i now have to wait for these two bumps on my chin to disappear. I'm feeling pretty low right now. I was clearing up so beautifully, it was almost too good to be true. Well I guess it was. Jeez, what am'i doing wrong! I wish Dan was here to coach me through the regimen, I must be doing something wrong. I need help, these pimples hav eme on the verge of tears and I don't know what to do anymore.

no pics today, i feel nasty, gross, ugly and disgusting. This past week i have had 3 breakouts, with two new ones on my chin. Although the last 3 have healed i now have to wait for these two bumps on my chin to disappear. I'm feeling pretty low right now. I was clearing up so beautifully, it was almost too good to be true. Well I guess it was. Jeez, what am'i doing wrong! I wish Dan was here to coach me through the regimen, I must be doing something wrong. I need help, these pimples have me on the verge of tears and I don't know what to do anymore.

Scratch what I said! I applied a crap load of bp on my spots, and although they left red marks, they are gone. I let those stupid zits get in the way of seeing how much progress my skin has made! a lot of my marks have faded significantly. Wow, it's so hard to not to focus on red nasty breakouts, even when the rest of your skin looks great.

I still have a way to go - Im going to keep on with the regimen until this acne is gone

frontday25.th.jpg

leftday25.th.jpg

rightday25.th.jpg

Holy Crap! Im sooooooooo clear its ridiculous. It's only been 29 days since I've started using the Acne.org regimen and my skin is soooo smooth and acne free. I was almost ready to give up after a crappy last week when i had like 3 spots. I had ONE hormonal spot on my chin recently that I blasted away with extra bp on that blemish and now Im free of acne! WOOO hooo! I hope my progress continues. At this point my focus is becoming taking care of the scars and hyper pigmentation left from bouts of acne. The pics below are me with make up, a light application of Everyday Minerals and mascara with bronzer. THANKS DAN!!! (dont mind the shine, hot day means shiny face!)

frontday29.th.jpg

leftday29.th.jpg

rightday29.th.jpg

It's cool to see that this is working so quickly for you! It was kind of like that for me, too. One month in I saw great results. Let's hope you get clear even FASTER. :)

im happy to be clear but I may have just jinxed myself...... i have one hardcore, inflammed red, hard to the touch spot. it's not huge, but dannnngggg it hurts. It's sitting right on my naso-labial fold so whenever i smile or open wide it hurts. im clear and pretty all over and this damn spot had to go and poooo alll over my acne-free parade!!!! I need to get my hands on some Alpha Hydrox which I have been looking all over my local drugstores for. Right now the only thing im using for spot treatment is Skin Revver-Upper by Bare Escentuals which has sal acid and aha in it. I've used it to spot treat before and it worked fine, however I have a feeling this is one is going to be reallly tough to heal. The only comforts I have at this point are that a) according to the what to expect this is still normal and b) the rest of my face is lovely. Suggestions are welcome!

out, out damned spot!

when it rains it pours. that spot i got has gotten red and flakey and it hurts like hell but i do not want to pop it because it would probably look worse popped than as a red bump. i was looking at my face today and i noticed a ton of teeny tiny flesh colored bumps! omg what do i do now ! im so frustrated! I feel like the bp is taking care of the inflamed but not the little bumps. im so desperate at this point im crying and typing and im sure the bp running off my face with the tears is going to bleach my shirt. Eff my life, things were going great and now its all just as bad as day one.

Any update?

Since then I have cleared up completely, but with my preparations for school, I haven't had too much time to post on here. Anyway, the only thing I can report is hydroquinone is evil and has left dark spots on my skin. Going to switch back to aha and just wait for the lightening effect to take place. I am so thankful for Dan and this website, I haven't been this clear since, gee I can't remember. Thanks all and good luck to all you regimen starters. Believe me just STICK WITH IT!!!