Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UnsungAcneHero

Second time's a charm

Last week I went back onto Dan's Regimen. I originally was on it back in March of 2006 and stayed with it until May 2009. I quit because I started getting small pimples on my cheeks which would leave dark indented marks behind. I decided to try other methods of clearing my skin which was my biggest mistake. My face is now a mess of painful, nasty zits. I look at the marks on my cheeks and think what a fool I was for quitting Dan's Regimen because they are minor in comparison to what I have now.

----

Here's my stats:

29 years old, female.

Dealing with acne prone skin since age 13.

Moderate acne with occasional cyst

----

Last week (June 11) I got back on the regimen. I have so many painful zits that I put extra BP just on the blemishes themselves but my skin dried out. So now, I'm just sucking it up and only using the half pump application without the extra spot treat.

I just can't believe how bad my face has gotten. I hate looking in the mirror and I just want to cry. I know my friends and family love me regardless but I feel as though I can't even look them in the eye. I hate this. I hope this clears up and fast.

As you had with Dan's Regimen, you know that it will work for sure !

Just be patience.... hope it will getting less and less for you in the coming time.

Just don't give up....

As you had with Dan's Regimen, you know that it will work for sure !

Just be patience.... hope it will getting less and less for you in the coming time.

Just don't give up....

Yes, Dan's worked pretty darn good for me and I was a fool for letting it go last month. I'll keep with it and keep my head up.

Thanks for the reply!

6/20/09 - Day 9

Today I decided instead of feeling down, I was going to just say the heck with it and not worry about what anyone thought about my acne. All of my friends as well as my family are standing behind me. Heck, even my co-workers don't care how I look; they appreciate me for me. I work in a job where I deal with alot of customers, but I am beginning to realize, that it's all about how my personality is, not how I look. It's still a shock seeing myself in the mirror, but I just tell myself, "I'll only look this way for a short time." I'm not an ugly person, I just have ugly pimples at the moment. This too, will pass.

I have some large pustules that seem to be getting smaller but I have more coming in including this painful cyst on the right side of my chin. We'll see - I have barely begun the regimen so I can't expect swift results. Patience is the key. I did it before, I'll do it again.

6/21/09 - Day 10

The huge cyst like zit on my chin hurts. =\ I'll be glad when that damned thing goes away. Still have new acne coming in and the stuff that's been on my face for the last week and a half is slowly going away. All my blemishes are so red! With it being day 10, I'm not even at the two week mark. As I said before, patience.

Tomorrow I'll be flying to Chicago to go on a Route 66 road trip with a friend. My face looks gross so I'm not going to be in too many pictures unless they are from far away. Even with acne, I'm going to have a fun time on the trip.

6/28/09 - Day 17

God, I just want hide. I can't stop crying because I look hideous. I have painful horrible cysts on my chin and my forehead is awful. I wish I never quit the regimen a couple months ago.. what was I thinking? Now my face looks ugly, absolutely ugly. I'm going to seek a dermatologist to at least give me some cortisone shots to rid my face of the cysts. I'm just scared that they will try to make me switch off Dan's regimen. I'm at an absolute low point but I have to have faith that the Acne.org regimen will work again for me.

I ramped up my dosage last night to one whole pump. Give me strength and clear skin...

post-38079-1246225318_thumb.jpg

post-38079-1246225318_thumb.jpg

6/28/09 - Day 17

God, I just want hide. I can't stop crying because I look hideous. I have painful horrible cysts on my chin and my forehead is awful. I wish I never quit the regimen a couple months ago.. what was I thinking? Now my face looks ugly, absolutely ugly. I'm going to seek a dermatologist to at least give me some cortisone shots to rid my face of the cysts. I'm just scared that they will try to make me switch off Dan's regimen. I'm at an absolute low point but I have to have faith that the Acne.org regimen will work again for me.

I ramped up my dosage last night to one whole pump. Give me strength and clear skin...

what did you use when you quit dans regimen?

6/28/09 - Day 17

what did you use when you quit dans regimen?

I only used moisturizer for the first week or so then tried holistic methods: lemon juice and then apple cider vinegar. I should have never quit..

Don't worry about the past and quittting before, just focus on your treatment now. You've decided to give DK's regimen another go and sounds like you have faith in it which is good. You also seem to have a great support system and an open attitude that isn't going to let acne run your life. Make sure you give Dan's Regimen sometime to work - unfortunetly results aren't instant. Best of luck to you!

P.S. Hope your road trip was fun :dance:

Don't worry about the past and quittting before, just focus on your treatment now. You've decided to give DK's regimen another go and sounds like you have faith in it which is good. You also seem to have a great support system and an open attitude that isn't going to let acne run your life. Make sure you give Dan's Regimen sometime to work - unfortunetly results aren't instant. Best of luck to you!

P.S. Hope your road trip was fun :dance:

Thanks for the support. I recently ramped up to one whole pump so we'll see if this brings better results. I'm going to continue with Dan's and I have a dermatologist appointment on the 15th. Who knows, maybe I will look better by then. If I broke out with horrible acne this quickly, perhaps I can beat it just as quick.

My trip was fun for the most part. I had to come back early because of the heat wave a few days back. 112 degrees with 60% humidity is not good traveling weather.

Thanks for the support. I recently ramped up to one whole pump so we'll see if this brings better results. I'm going to continue with Dan's and I have a dermatologist appointment on the 15th. Who knows, maybe I will look better by then. If I broke out with horrible acne this quickly, perhaps I can beat it just as quick.

My trip was fun for the most part. I had to come back early because of the heat wave a few days back. 112 degrees with 60% humidity is not good traveling weather.

Welcome, that's what were all here for! Sorry it got cut short - I'm here in South Florida, so I understand that heat & humidity :cool:

7/1/09 - Day 20

My face has that redness, stinging dryness sensation but things seem to be slooooowly turning for the better. Don't get me wrong, I still have awful crap all over my face, but things are (pardon my grossness) oozing out here and there. My chin still hurts, all along the jawline because of the cysts, but like my friend told me, "It will get better. You have to believe."

Hope all of you fellow regimen starters are doing well! Thanks again for the comments and support! It's nice to know I have others on this journey with me as well.

o wow i started only 1 day before you did =D i wish u alot of luck and looking at ur pic i have the same kind of acne.

o wow i started only 1 day before you did =D i wish u alot of luck and looking at ur pic i have the same kind of acne.

Thanks for the comment. I wish you luck too.

---

I had a really bad day yesterday at work. I had guests making comments about my nasty acne like I couldn't hear them. Broke my heart.. I ended up going home early and seeking out a walk-in appointment at a dermatologist's office. To my sadness, I was diagnosed with severe nodular acne and I will have to go on Accutane. So Monday I'm going to start the process of trying to get on Accutane and get this problem solved. I'm just blown away by how fast my acne got so horrible. It went from mild/moderate to cystic within 6 weeks. I have never had nodular acne in my life and now it's plaguing my face.

Until I start Accutane, I'm going to stay on the Regimen. Being female, it's going to be at least 30 days before I can begin my course. The last week I have been hiding in my house and after yesterday at work, I'll probably hiding more. Soon though, I'll be on my way to clear skin. Once I get my prescription, I'm going to stop this log and resume with a progress log on the Accutane logs.

Take care everyone and good luck!