Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
shamazing

10% benzoyl peroxide?

i bought some and it says guaranteed satisfaction...should i keep using it?

it seems to dry up my acne really fast and it doesnt burn me...it just seems like 2.5 % is wayyyyy lest than 10 percent...and ten percent doesnt burn infact i cant even feel it on my face!

2.5% BP is just as effective as 10% and 5% BP, but less irritating and drying on your skin. Just pointing that out. I guess you don't have sensitive skin...lucky!

i do have extremely sensitive skin thats why i was asking...but i guess it only dries ones face out if u put too much on! so ill continue with a tiny dab!

does the regemin mean put it all over ur face?

i thought it was just put it on the zits u have

i dont really have acne anymore a few pimples but mainly scars

what is the FASTEST way top get rid of them?

i hear bio oil, tomato or lemon juice, vinegar, and tea tree oil work the best

ive tried vinegar..doesnt help at all and i did it for months

but bio oil and tea tree oil are expensive where i live =/

oh i also tried neosporin and mederma over a period of three months and my face still looks the same!!

The Regimen calls for treating your entire face (or at least the areas where you generally break out), not just spot treating. That way the BP can help prevent new pimples from forming, not just treat the ones that are already there.

And keep in mind that it can take a little while for the drying effects of BP to show up. For the most part, 10% BP is just too harsh to use.

A lot of companies put out 10% BP, calling it "maximum strength", because of the misconception that more is better. When it comes to BP, though, that's just not true. 2.5% BP is just as effective at treating acne than higher percentages, but without being as drying and irritating. So when it comes down to it, 2.5% BP is maximum strength, and it won't irritate your skin nearly as much, which is important when you take into consideration that excessive dryness and irritation can actually aggravate acne.

okay i bought 2.5 % last night and used it before i went to bed...and i woke up and had two new pimples on the right side of my nose but my scars faded a lot and my old zits got dried up a little

so thats a good sign right?

am i supposed to get an IB?? if so for how long??

okay this is my second day on the regimen and my skin feels good but looks nasty...my scars seemed to have gotten darker and i have a few more breakouts but my existing acne has cleared up..or well turned into somewhat of a large scar

can u use bio oil with the regimen? or should i wait to use it...will it make me break out more??

From the Biggest Mistakes page:

Adding in other products or steps: it is important that you wait until you are completely clear before adding in other products or steps to the Regimen. After you are completely clear, it is safe to add in 1 variable at a time and see how your skin will react. If you add in other products or steps before you are completely clear, there is an extra variable that is uncontrolled. If you should not clear up, you will not know if it is because of the extra variable or because of something else.

haha i read that post right before u posted it lol my bad

and yeah idk how long this is gonna take but it seems to work so i gonna stick with it! and the only product i added was makeup cuz i refuse to go anywhere without concealer because i look nasty without it i dont care what others think IIIII just dont wanna look at myself like that and also it temps me to "pop" them

I only use 10% BP for extreme spot treatment. It's waaaaaaaaaay to harsh on your skin otherwise.

this is my first week on the regimen and i gotta say it works great! dry skin for the most part but every single zit on my face is gone! just a few mild scars left which i hope will fade within 5 weeks!!

Ive been using 10% for about 4 years now. It kept my skin totally clear for 3 years (till recently) I stopped and started using Epiduo. Big mistake totally burned my skin raw. So I started using my 10% BP again and so far its doing its job again (not sure why it stopped the first time).

My skin is so use to 10% that It causes absolutely no irritation.

wow yeah 10 % burned my face when i put it all over..it works extremely well and the fastest ever with spotting treatments tho

c'est la vigne: thank you for your help!

i think im gonna use the regimen the rest of my life I DONT care how long it takes it is sooo worth it!! haha

thats a good thing too...when should i start using jojoba for my face?

does it help with scarring?

i think its been a week and a half with the regimen

should i wait to order it till the 5th week??

cuz my scars are nastayyyy

You can add the jojoba oil in right away. I don't know if it'll help with your scarring, but it'll definitely help with any dryness and flaking you might be experiencing.

ohhh okay sweet! im gonna order that right now haha

and is AHA good for scarring? if i use it as a moisturizer like Dan shows...should i use it after i do the whole regimen? andddd can i start using it right now as i am 1 1/2 weeks in the regimen? or should i wait?

i just want to know the fastes thing you can use with bp to make scars go away...cuz my face looks really clear with makeup...but even with makeup when the sun reflects my face u see all the small indents of scars...they are not ice pick scars but i dont know how to explain them...just flat drawn out scars indented slightly

When it comes to actual scarring, there aren't many topicals that can do much. AHA can help with hyperpigmentation (the red marks that acne sometimes leaves) and can help even out skin tone, but it won't get rid of scarring. You shouldn't add in AHA until you've been on The Regimen for at least a month anyway, although I generally recommend waiting until your skin is totally adjusted to the full dose of BP to avoid any unnecessary irritation.

I've used a 10% spot treatment before - which works fine, since it's on a confined space/area on your face - but I did a trial for about 4 weeks just to see how "strong" a medicated wash was - with BP lotion after - and I used the OXY Maximum Strength 10% BP wash.....

... and it worked for 2 weeks - got me clear - and then the third week - I started to break out. Slowly. The wash itself didn't burn when I put it on - it didn't feel harsh - but just as it takes awhile for Dan's regimen to work - same goes for showing effects of a strong wash. At first, it was fine - but eventually - I realized it must have been too strong because I was breaking out and the breakouts I had - were red, my face was a bit red and not healing as fast.

Which - to tell you the truth - with cleansers - gentle IS actually good. Anything too strong - and you are just burning your skin (and whatever is trying to heal).

ive been on the regimen for three weeks....my scars are so dark now its disgusting..i refuse to go out of the house without makeup, my debit card is overdrawn so i cant buy AHA!or jojoba oil! ohh...and on top of that my brother uses my bp as well...so im out of that too!!

this is really bad...i need to get more bp before the little bit thats left of my spare bottle runs out!

okay so i just bough fish oil pills and i take one in the morning and one at night

hopefully this will help my scarring!

its the end of the 4th week and no acne whatsoever!! woot!