Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everyone, I was just tucking a strand of hair behind my left ear and my fingers ran against the skin. I just discovered two lumps behind my ear, one above the other with the upper lump a little larger. They are not on my ear, but technically on my neck, in the shadow of my ear (if that makes sense). Facing my big mirror, I used a smaller mirror behind my ear to get a view of them. They are flesh colored. Are these cysts? I remember having a few incidents like this back in high school. I just smeared Hydrocortisone cream on them and within 15 minutes they have gotten considerably smaller.

They could be. They don't always come to the surface so you never see the redness. I used to get cysts behind my ears. they were part of the allergic reaction to citrus that caused cysts all along my hairline, jawline, neck, chin.

Mine were always very inflamed, but I had a coworker who had the same allergy but only got them on her chin and they never came to the surface except then she picked at them. I figured out my allergy from her. She otherwise had perfect skin so was able to make the connection.

i have one right now on my right ear, no biggie, it actually feels like its on the inside of the back of my earlobe, its not acne its a cyst and they go away over time.

i have one right now on my right ear, no biggie, it actually feels like its on the inside of the back of my earlobe, its not acne its a cyst and they go away over time.

Or not...I have a nice inclusion cyst (wen) on my neck which has gotten progressively larger over the last 18 months. It is now large enough to be surgically removed which I will have done on June 29th.

There really are so many different kinds of cysts and other skin conditions than cystic acne. To be exactly sure, why doesn't the original poster contact her personal physician or a dermatologist and see what it is. Anything pro-offered on this forum is only really an educated guess.

Joe Zit