Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So around my first month of BP. And its not dry or flaky, but ITCHY AS HECK!!! I have Dans moisturizer and Jojoba Oil but STILL UNBEARABLY ITCHY, I cant even sleep at night with out itching my face.. is this normal? anyone else have this problem? Solutions??

Thanks for reading!

:think:

I have the same problem. But, I have not ordered Dan's products yet. I will keep an eye on this thread.

Bump, bump.

So around my first month of BP. And its not dry or flaky, but ITCHY AS HECK!!! I have Dans moisturizer and Jojoba Oil but STILL UNBEARABLY ITCHY, I cant even sleep at night with out itching my face.. is this normal? anyone else have this problem? Solutions??

Thanks for reading!

:think:

No, its not normal.. BP is a bleaching agent that can cause a wide scope of skin irritation problems, the only solution is to stop using it especially at night when you need sleep.

Maybe you should only use half a pump in the evenings (so just use a minimal amount once a day). And plenty of moisturizer.

Hmmm you might be allergic, thats how I found out I was allergic to BP...I put on a little amount to test it out on a few pimples I had on my jaw, and it was so so bad...My whole skin itched no matter how much lotion I would put on, it was so unbearable I couldnt sleep...I cut out the BP then skin scabbed over, healed and finally the itching is gone...I mean I know a lot of oct stuff people use causes itching, but if its that unberable like it was for me, I would definitly recommend for you to stop using it.

EDIT: oh and I didnt even finish reading your post, you also put you cant sleep at nights...Yes dont listen to anybody if its that unberable stop using it asap...I remember when I was using BP it was killing me to sleep, I would wake up in the middle of the night from a horrible itching sensation, and not only that but I remember going to the mall, and I couldnt even shop because I was so frustrated and the spots where I applied BP were itching so freakin bad...I was all twithcing, because I didnt want to scratch but it was bothering me so bad...Anyway you sound like you are going exactly through the same thing as I went through, and I feel for you 100% so quit the BP from hell and you will feel tons better...good luck ;)

Thanks for the warning! i might be allergic after all, that would at least explain the puffy face and rashes on my hands, i thought it might be from Dans moisturizer or cleanser. :redface:

So then if your allergic, are there any alternatives then BP that worked miracles???

Im desperate for an alternative solution!

thanks!!

:confused:

Thanks for the warning! i might be allergic after all, that would at least explain the puffy face and rashes on my hands, i thought it might be from Dans moisturizer or cleanser. :redface:

So then if your allergic, are there any alternatives then BP that worked miracles???

thanks!!

Well since Im allergic to BP and salicylic acid is just not strong enough for those stubborn pimples, I reccomend Sulfur. Now not all sulfur is created equal. I tried every single Mario Bedescu products, and every single one of them (they mostly all contain Sulfur) caused me contact dermatitis. I was like wow are you kidding me, I cant use BP, salicylic acid doesn't do jack for me, and allergic to Sulfur? But it so happens I was allergic to that Mario Bedescu crap. I bumped in to this product called Ancomel. It has 8% sulfur, and 2% Resorcinol, and on the box it says its way milder then BP, and doesnt cause as much peeling/itching...Its tinted, which is somewhat of a benefit for people with anything then a fair complection. What really made me interested in purschasing this product is I noticed a lot of people in their 50s saying they used to use Acnomel when they were teens, and that this product has been on the market since the 70s, and now they recommend their kids to use it also. Anyway, not a lot of people know about this product, at least not people our age, but a lot of folk back from the 70s did use it and it was quiet popular back then. Anywhooooooooooo it does dry your skin out quiet a bit, but its the best thing I have ever used because seriously it drys a pimple up in 2 days top, especially if you are the type of person that heals slow, and has those stubborn cysts. Well yaw, to make a long story short, look in to it if you like. I really havent seen Acnomel in any stores, so I order mine from Walrgeens dot com now...Let me know if you need more help...

thanks!!

It does sound like you're allergic to BP. Other products that work nicely for inflamed acne include: glycolic acid, salicylic acid, sulfur products (even Selsun Blue shampoo used as a cleanser and left on for a minute in the shower can help), retinoids. That's not an all-inclusive list but what I could think of off-hand. :)

Have you been to a derm yet?

Thanks for the tips guys! I really appreciate it, Im gonna look into sulfur, hopefully itll do the trick.

BRAZZY- Do you use the acnomel as a spot treatment then or all over the face????

Ive been to the derm and they gave me retin-A and stuff like that but I always felt like I was just putting water on my face (it was never really effective), unlike the BP i really felt like it was actually doing some work, too bad it was the wrong kind of work! :boohoo:

If neone has any more suggestions for us Allergic-BPers that would be awesome!

thanks again for hte help everyone, too kind of all of u (Especially Brazzy and Wynne) :surprised:

:dance:

lol no problem my dear...about the Acnomel I use it all over but only in my problem areas, which is my jaw, stupid hormones :rolleyes: but yaw, I really wouldn't recommend putting it all over your face because it can be drying just like BP, especially since your skin just went through an allergic reaction I really would lay off rubbing too much of anything on your face right now...Also google Acnomel before you decide to purchase, and just read a lot of feed back from like walgreens.com, and makeupalley (they have a lot of unbiased reviews on there also) and just to see what people say, and how they apply it because again everyones skin is different. I'm way more on the sensitive skin side thats why I don't dare rub it in all over my face, but I noticed a lot of people write that they do use it all over their face to prevent pimples...Anywhooooo let me know if you need more help <3