Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
couturebaby91

My body acne 150% cured

Just like many of yall I spent so much of my time trying products, searching the internet for information, and being horribly embarrassed by my backne.

I had never had any type of acne problem in my whole life. Maybe a zit every once in a while on my face but nothing worth complaining about and certainly never anything on my body. Then when I was 17 I mysteriously started getting backne. It first started off a couple pimples here and there and then it got horrible. My entire upper back and shoulders was all hyperpigmentation scars and new pimples. It was simply atrocious. I tried to track down the cause and never could. I have platinum hair and have to use heavy conditioners and I thought maybe that was clogging my pores so I stopped using that, no use. I changed detergents, no results. I tried every soap and body wash on the planet, still nothing. I went to the dermatologist a few months before prom hoping he could get me better so I could wear my backless dress with pride. He completely destroyed my back. He prescribed me antibiotics, Benzaclin, and Tazorac. In patches, half my back was horribly itchy thick callousy cracking skin I couldn't even feel touch on and the other half was itchy and disgustingly weepy to the point I had to change my shirts and bedsheets every 15 minutes (no joke) because they had become sopping. I stopped his regimen and started using this bodywash my grandma's dermatologist had recommended to her- Cetaphil. That stuff is AMAZING (and you can get it at Wal-Mart). It made my skin so soft and completely cleared up the mess my dermatologist had created. Also, it warded off my pimples except for one or two here and there which was a DRASTIC improvement. Then I decided to hit the tanning salon to get a little color for prom. That's the true magic. Within one week of only tanning about 10 minutes every other day my entire back was clear and I haven't had a SINGLE pimple since. I'm a natural blonde with blue eyes and fair skin so of course I've been told the "Tanning's Bad For You" speech about 50 billion times in my life. However, I'm also pre-med AND I managed a tanning salon for two years so I know ALOT about it. Do your homework. Skin cancer is rare to begin with. In the fluke event you DO get it, there are three types only one of which is deadly which of course is the notorious melanomas. They only account for about 2% of skin cancer. Then, only if that treatment fails do you actually die. So, your chances of dying of skin cancer are severely unlikely. Most people that get skin cancer, it's been proven, are people with professions in the sun like fishermen or landscapers. Also, everything is fine in moderation. I've seen firsthand the type of people that are asking for skin cancer. They come in to the salon and tan for 20-30 minutes. Then they leave and since by law a salon is only allowed to tan each customer once within a 24-hour period, they go to two or three other salons where they simultaneously hold memberships. Then once they make the rounds of the salons, they go home and lay out for a couple hours. Every day. For 25 years. Those are the people that skew the already exaggerated and misconstrued statistics. I've seen them with my own two eyes. Once again, read the facts and you'll find tanning has cured many many many cases of severe psoriasis. Take my advice or leave it. I'm living proof that Cetaphil in the shower at night and 10 minutes under a low-level tanning lamp a couple times a week works. Tanning that little will do absolutely no harm to you. You'd get more damage from being outside for thirty minutes. For those of you who think you've reached the end of the rope, have tried everything like I had, and are willing to try one more thing so you can wear halter tops and pretty dresses and tank tops- try it. Give it a shot. You have nothing to lose. It's cheap and it works. I have no scars whatsoever and haven't seen a pimple in months, and it is WAYYYYY cheaper than those horribly damaging medicines my doctor was prescribing me.

Questions, Comments, Concerns? Feel free to contact me.

Interesting and optimistic topic.

I was wondering exactly about the same tanning thing. Last summer's vacation the skin on my back got completely clear from the sun (you can check my gallery)..basically the sun plus the salt water are the only two things that have any impact on my bacne. So I've wondered much if the tanning beds will clear me up. I've made two sessions (15 minutes both) a month ago but unfortunately I had problem with the money so I was forced to stop. I hope I get better with my finances and start again the procedures. How much sessions did you need to get clear? And how long it takes the acne to come again?

This is a really interesting read! Props to you for taking the time to write this. By reading your post, I see that actually doing very little allowed your skin to heal. Cetaphil doesn't have any acne-fighting ingredients (unless you're talking about the antibacterial bar) so I guess sometimes less is more!

Regarding the tanning topic, I do agree. Although you shouldn't play with danger, being in the sun for little amounts of time isn't a crazy risk. 10 minutes seems fine to me. Perhaps the sun has a bigger impact on body acne than I thought. I haven't been shirtless in the sun for years. This weekend however, I shall go to the beach and hopefully swim. Maybe there's a link because usually people who tan don't seem to have acne. Acne seems more prevalent in those with light skin.

Maybe there's a link because usually people who tan don't seem to have acne.

Don't agree on this one :) I'm big fan of tanning, I have acne but I do tan. So, take of your shirt and go under the sun :)

I recently started tanning at a tanning salon. I have some mild acne on my back and some small whiteheads all over my chest. Within two weeks of tanning twice a week for 8 minutes per session, my acne has cleared up! I haven't gone in three weeks and my acne is starting to come back.

My mom says it's bad for you, so I'm making sure not to overdue it. I also use Aveeno body wash and lotion to make my skin healthy and soft.

Do you all think that this would work for chest acne? I've heard everything and anything about sun exposure...would that be similar in result-age?

I've used the cetaphil,and now i'm on accutane. But even though the face is doing well early on, my chest has had no improvement. Don't get me wrong, it'll clear up, but it's summer... I want to swim! I want to walk around with the shirt off in front of the ladies once in awhile. Maybe just a little confidence?

Cetaphil? Don't they have a couple of products? I use their moisturizer for my face, but what exactly are you using in the shower?

Cetaphil? Don't they have a couple of products? I use their moisturizer for my face, but what exactly are you using in the shower?

I use the Gentle Skin Cleanser in this bottle with a pump. they have that as a bar too, along with an anti-bacterial bar.