Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AcneMan1

After years of struggling with acne... im clear

As with all cases of acne it started with just a single pimple. Then it grew to a few more pimples... and before I knew it my face was a battlefield. Well, I've won the war. And I know when credit is due, so thank you acne.org for supplying me with the most powerful weapon ever - bp.

I first started this regimen to no avail. In fact, it made my condition even worse. At about 2 weeks in I made the foolish mistake of using the Alpha Hydroxide Acid and now that I look back.. I really smothered both of those over my face. The first week of the regimen was amazing because I had zero pimples on my face. I was so impressed and continued to use more and more of the stuff. Eventually, I reached the point to where I used two pumps of BP and quite a bit of AHH thinking all of these chemicals would do the trick. I looked so terrible and I couldn't stare anyone in the eye. I shrugged the first week off thinking I was lucky or something. It was too heart-wrenching knowing that they would see these red bumps on my face. I did whatever I could to avoid socializing with anyone. I was at an all time low.

Well I gave up on the stuff and I stopped. During that entire time period of me using the BP regimen I was encouraging others to keep on trying because I believed it would work. But once I hit my rock bottom a few weeks after Christmas I posted my "Unsuccess Story" on the forums here claiming that all of this was just a failure of a product and it wouldn't work. You may remember me.

For a month, I used zero products and thought that this would help to some extent and of course it did. But I was still a wreck. I didn't know what to turn to, but I did remember a single post in my "Unsuccess Story" thread that said I should return to using just half-pump of BP. Well, I did. Week by week my skin got clearer and clearer until it had become the point where for the past two or three weeks I have not had any pimples. Can I not stress ANY more than that? I just stuck to this simple routine of cetaphil cleanser + 3/4 a pump of BP and moisturizer twice a day. It's not even time consuming because the BP dries up so quickly. I cannot stress how much happier I am than seven months ago. My red marks (Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation) are clearing up steadily too. Maybe even by the end of Summer when school starts up again I'll be clear of this stuff :)

So I thank you acne.org. Thank you for letting me blossom to my full self again. Thank you for helping me win this struggle in my life. I know the rest of you on these forums will find your own cure, but just give it time and keep searching. :)

I do not understand why your 1st time was a unsuccess story and not your second time a success story ?

Personally, I have a non-success story and I do not know why?

Do you think 2 pumps of BP was too much for you? Is this the reason?

What moisturizer do you use now?

what process did you find successful with the regimen exactly? just BP once a day?

It says in his post:

I just stuck to this simple routine of cetaphil cleanser + 3/4 a pump of BP and moisturizer twice a day.

yea the first time around I used way too much BP and AHH but once I accepted that too much of these chemicals were harmful I began only using 3/4 a pump and I was able to clear up. Oh and as for the moisturizer I use a single pump of neutrogena oil-free moisturizer + 1 drop of dan's jojoba oil.