Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest jessmc

Jojoba oil for oily skin.

Guest jessmc
I don't care nearly as much about the doctors and scientists who work for large companies and have a vested interest in selling certain products. I'm FAR more interested in those altruistic doctors and scientists whose main purpose is to treat patients and educate the public on serious medical issues. THOSE are the ones I mainly quote in all my posts. You would be well advised to listen to what they say, instead of believing your own incorrect layman ideas about how sebaceous glands supposedly work.

okay, persistent. I will give you that. :)

the point is that it's helping my skin and making it less oily. that is a good thing. i'll let you be the science expert.

Cheers.

Guest jessmc
Honestly, I don't understand what you are trying to say.

So, if you have oily skin- you really have dry skin?

Well that doesn't make sense to me, because what about those people with dry skin. If they had dry skin wouldn't their skin produce more oil, too?

But there skin isn't oily. . . so would those people really have oily skin, but their skin makes up for it by making it more dry?

So what would happen is eventually the people with "oily" skin that is actually dry will become "oily" and magically transform to "dry" skin???

It's confusing me, because to me it sounds like it's opposite day. And how is one suppose to make their skin less "oily" if it's really dry? What if they moisturize for years and the skin is still "oily", what happens then? "dry" skin can always not be dry with proper moisturizing unless you have a condition of some sort.

Sorry for all the questions, but this is really confusing me. Like I said before, it sounds to me like it's opposite day.

If you don't want to try it then don't. Having dry skin can cause overproduction of sebum which can be balanced by using jojoba oil. If you have dry skin, and no excess sebum then good for you. I am not talking about those instances. Happy opposite day. ;)

Later.

Guest jessmc

Hey guys,

I updated my blog to reflect my personal experience with jojoba oil as I am clearly not an expert on skin "types." Hopefully my thoughts are clear and they will be beneficial to some of you.

Feel free to scrutinize my new blog entry for scientific misconceptions, haha. I tried to be as subjective as possible and speak directly from my own experience. I certainly do not want to confuse anyone or cause any controversy. :cool:

See ya.

i was just trying to explain that excess oil is caused by dry skin.

Excess sebum isn't caused by dry skin, regardless of which kind of "dry" you mean.

As far as I know dry skin can cause reactive seborrhoea which is an overproduction of sebum to compensate for stripping the natural oils from the skin.

I looked at some of your other posts and would like some links you've found to see for myself if this isn't the case.

I have to say I think you are being really rude. If you are right you could get your message across and help a lot of people on this site if you were less combative. The whole point of this site is to help eachother out.

Excess sebum isn't caused by dry skin, regardless of which kind of "dry" you mean.

As far as I know dry skin can cause reactive seborrhoea which is an overproduction of sebum to compensate for stripping the natural oils from the skin.

I looked at some of your other posts and would like some links you've found to see for myself if this isn't the case.

Washing your skin doesn't stimulate the sebaceous glands to produce more sebum, and sebum itself doesn't "moisturize" the skin. Here are the direct links to some important threads I've started on this site over the years to explain and discuss these important concepts. The threads have the appropriate citations from the medical literature to back-up what I say (and the third one documents my OWN test that I did on myself, so don't miss that one!! :dance: ):

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/myth-skin...ebu-t35818.html

"The myth of skin washing and sebum production"

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/evidence-...-th-t71047.html

"Still more evidence against the 'feedback theory' "

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/FINALLY-d...est-t81548.html

"FINALLY: a more direct test of the 'feedback theory' ".

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/sebum-moi...ski-t75063.html

"Does sebum help 'moisturize' the skin??"

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/stop-wash...ily-t77488.html

"If you stop washing, do you get MORE oily, or do you get LESS oily??"

I have to say I think you are being really rude. If you are right you could get your message across and help a lot of people on this site if you were less combative. The whole point of this site is to help eachother out.

Oh, so you think I was being "really rude" when I said "Excess sebum isn't caused by dry skin, regardless of which kind of 'dry' you mean."? Sorry, but I don't know any less-rude way to say it than that. Did you ever consider that if you're really THAT sensitive, maybe you shouldn't be reading these forums in the first place? :hand::think::rolleyes:

I suggest you read more of your comments bryan as fully as you do your tests - then you will see how rude and dismissive you are to others views.

It's hard catching up with you guys, so many posts!

I bought Jojoba oil today and am going to try it tonight.

I'm currently using Proactiv's Mattefying Gel... Will this still mattefy when the oil is on my skin?

One last thing, I bought some Tea Tree Oil as well today, is it safe to add a drop or too to the Jojoba Oil when I apply it to my face?

PS - if anyone has ANY TIPS on how to keep your face MATTE

PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!! I'm desperate!!!!!

I've tried: Milk of Magnesia, Proaciv's Mattefing Gel (works great but only for an hour)

thanks

After starting using the jojoba oil, how long was it until you saw a decrease in oil? I'm going on about a week and a half now and haven't noticed anything yet.