Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was planning on using the AHA+ twice a day because I like it so much, and I bought a lot of it, but Dan only uses it twice a day so I didn't know if there was a reason not to use it day and night. I bought two tubes of it, so I have plenty to use.

Can I use the AHA+ twice a day to moisturize?

From the FAQs:

Q: Is there anything special I should know about using AHA?

A: If you are new to the Regimen, we do not recommend starting out by including the AHA+ lotion. Give yourself at least three weeks or so to let your skin get accustomed to the benzoyl peroxide before you consider adding in the AHA+ lotion. If you have super sensitive skin, try only a small dab of it under the jaw line for a few days to make sure your skin reacts to it well. When you are ready, start out by using a small amount once daily, or every other day, for the first week or two so you can see how your skin is going to react to it. Then you may increase the amount and frequency as you see fit. Next, Alpha Hydroxy Acids can make the skin more sensitive to the sun, so it is important for you to use a sunscreen each day while using an AHA. This is no joke. My skin is definitely more sensitive to the sun after using AHA for a few days. Prevent burning by using a moisturizer that has SPF in it or a separate sunscreen. I recommend Olay Complete for Sensitive Skin plus a few drops of jojoba oil as the best SPF sunscreen. Lastly, be sure that no other products you are using have any AHA in them. This will most commonly be listed on the ingredient label as glycolic acid or lactic acid.

Just be careful. It's strong stuff, so you don't want to overdo it.

im using it twice a day to try and fade some redness, but ive only been using it for 2 days, so.......

my face feels fine so im going to stick with it and see how it goes

Be very very careful that if you're using it in the morning, your face is much more easily sunburned. The last thing you want is a horrible sunburn on your face!

It may take more than 2 days to see how your skin is actually going to adjust. Personally, I started using it at night, about a dime sized amount before bed every 4 days. Now I do that every other night.

If you want to do it morning and night, WEAR SUNSCREEN!!!!

I've changed to only using it at night, didn't like the how it felt on my face during the day so ... now I just use BP during the day and AHA at night. I also think the AHA is a little too strong to use twice a day, and probably expensive.

but i've only been doing it for 3 days, so i don't know how it's going to work out yet.

Generally, the advice is to start off slowly, say every other day, then do two consecutive days, etc, etc.