Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Packerfan785

Why don't we eat like they do?

Non-western and un-modernized countries have almost zero occurrences of acne. Why don't we just simply copy their diet? (Lifestyle too)

Because stuffing our faces with Doddle Burger is easier then making food that is good for us.

Actually non westernized countries and poor ones are similar actually, they do have people with acne. You just don't see them.

Non-western and un-modernized countries have almost zero occurrences of acne. Why don't we just simply copy their diet? (Lifestyle too)

If they are eating healthy, I will copy them. Otherwise I wouldn't copy their diets!

Eat healthy Have fun. :P

Actually non westernized countries and poor ones are similar actually, they do have people with acne. You just don't see them.

No.

Scientists went there to get statistics on acne and they found near zero percent of the population had it.

Is there a particular study on the web you can provide us? I bet it would make for an interesting read. It would also be nice to know exactly what types of foods are being eaten.

Is there a particular study on the web you can provide us? I bet it would make for an interesting read. It would also be nice to know exactly what types of foods are being eaten.

I haven't seen the exact study, but I have seen many references to it. Healthoid made references to it in his guide, I don't know if he still visits this site though.

From the Archives of Dermatology, December 2002 (Volume 138, Number 12) researchers found that:

Acne vulgaris is virtually nonexistent in 2 nonwesternized populations: the Kitavan Islanders of Papua New Guinea and the Ache hunter-gatherers of Paraguay. Of 1200 Kitavan subjects (including 300 aged 15-25 years) and 115 Ache subjects (including 15 aged 15-25 years), no active cases of acne were observed over an 843-day period. Both Kitavans and Ache hunter-gatherers have in common a relative lack of Western influence, subsisting on low-fat and low-glycemic-load diets (eg, fruit, vegetables, fish, wild game).

We don't live like they do, nor do we live in their region.

Just copying their diet likely would not be enough. I think that is way too simplistic thinking.

They have totally different lifestyles, food sources.

I also don't think that it is a coincidence that both of those examples that are famous (New guinea and paraguay) are both tropical regions within 30 degrees latitude of the equator, getting ample quality and quantity of sun.

Also, their diet seems pretty low cal. This, in and of itself, can stop acne.

Personally, I would rather eat a lot and continue my super active lifestyle with some supplement and diet acrobatics than switch to lowcal and overhaul my life and many of the activites I enjoy. It's all about choices.

You must remember that even if we did copy their diets although similar from a looks perspective, the actual breakdown of the foods would be very differant. These cultures eat fruit/vegetables which hasn't been specifically grown for size or flavour. We could mimic the way they eat, but we would have to be conscious to get appropriate foods, as well as the most important attribute being regular cardio/weight lifting exercise.

There's a lot of toxins present in our environment that aren't present in theirs.

We can also take anti-oxidants that are not available to them.

There's a lot of toxins present in our environment that aren't present in theirs.

We can also take anti-oxidants that are not available to them.

That won't do much for certain things like heavy metals.

Maybe you haven't noticed, but people from the past generally didn't have acne either, it wasn't until maybe after World War II until you start hearing about unnatural acne medications.

food has nothing to do with acne

It's all about moisturizers, right? Oh, no, wait, that was last week's miracle cure. I apologize. I just can't keep up with you.

If you come in here spew more shit I will lose it.

Yea its just something that in chance targets the modern western world (who eats a terrible diet) and is non existent in past and eastern countries (who eat a healthy diet).