Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
will1984

Pixel - how long after Accutane?

Hey guys,

I recently went and arranged for an appointment to get some Pixel treatment done around my mouth. The appointment will take place just over 6 months after I finished with Accutane, or Roaccutane as it is called here in the UK.

I was just wondering do you think this is long enough after taking Accutane? Am I right in thinking that the likes of Dermabrasion you should wait at least a year/18 months but as Pixel isn't as strong a treatment, it is a case of wait at least 6 months after finishing Accutane?

The surgeon I spoke to seemed to think it wouldn't be a problem.

General concensus with the Pixel seems to be 6 months but I was just wanting some input from you guys. Has anyone got the Pixel treatment after taking Accutane and if so, how long after?

This is my first post here, I've been on these boards a long while but have just registered today. My skin has totally cleared up after taking Accutane, I have absolutely no spots at all which is great as it can be very tough but now I'd just like to clear up some scarring I have and am just concerned as to whether I am starting the treatment too early.

Any input would be greatly appreciated :)