Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Soccer_

puss-filled(pustules?) on chin

Hi all, iv had acne for about 5 years now. My forehead is pretty much cleared up as it was the first area to break out 5 years ago. My cheeks now seem to be recovering, with acne here and there and some blemishes from past acne. My chin is were i am getting a lot of acne now, and i believe there pustules(They have a white puss substance inside). I dont really pick on them but i used baking soda as an exfoliater to try and remove them and a lot of the times they pop during this procedure. They are mostly below the corners of my lips and when they are gone they reappear very soon, either in the same spots or in new locations on the chin. This has been occurring for months now. I just stopped using baking soda as i read some things about pH levels and i think im just gonna use water from now on.

I do not know what is causing them, but i should mention i have oily skin(the oiliest on my nose and forehead). when i wash my face the oil reappars within 3 hours or so. Im thinking it could be the dry skin mixing with the oil which might be clogging the pores but im not totally sure.

I want to wash my face more than twice a day but i always hear its not good for skin or it irratates it. Anyone experiencing this or know any thing that might work or i should do?

Thanks.