Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
milkncoffee

zinc for hormonal acne?

i have white heads that pop up before my period and had heard alot of good things about zinc for acne. has any one else with my situation tried this, or just any one with acne that has? does it work at all? also i heard to have effect i should take cod liver or fish oil pills? is that true or can i just take the zinc? .. i think fish oil pills break me out is why i ask.

right now all i have is One Daily for Wemon and it contains 18mg of zinc. is that good or should i go out and buy pure zinc tablets?

help is greatly appreciated!

Just remember that if your acne isn't caused by a Zinc deficiency, then taking zinc isn't going to be the solutionfor your breakouts.

Just remember that if your acne isn't caused by a Zinc deficiency, then taking zinc isn't going to be the solutionfor your breakouts.

how do i tell if that is the cause?

are there tell tale signs? or do i have to get a test by a derm/doc?

i read somewhere that people who have eczema and acne are at risk for zinc deficiency, and sense i had eczema extremly bad ( now its gone away ) and now all the sudden im having these monthly breakouts i thought i could be.

Try your Dr first or

Obtain some zinc in liquid form. You may be able to find this at some health food stores or from ordering it online. Liquid zinc is unusual in that a taste test can be done with it to help determine whether your body has a deficiency of zinc.

Place 10 mL (about two teaspoons) of the liquid zinc in your mouth.

Hold the liquid zinc in your mouth for about ten to fifteen seconds.

Note the taste of the zinc.

*If the zinc tastes bad, with a strong, unpleasant metallic taste and perhaps makes your tongue feel fuzzy you have a good level of zinc in your body.

*If there is a strong, but not unpleasant taste, maybe a little bit metallic, and the taste intensifies as time goes by you have an okay amount of zinc in your body.

*If at first there is little taste, but after ten seconds or so it tastes a little sweet or gives your tongue a “fuzzy†sensation you are low in zinc.

*If it tastes like water or is “tasteless†you are extremely deficient in zinc.

Im taking Zinc 50mg for hormonal acne, and it seems to help...I wouldnt recomend taking it for longer then a month especially if you are anemic like my self...Best thing to always do instead of guessing is to hit the derma...

In my opion very good zinc available is Jamieson 25mg but taking more than 50 mg zinc a day dry up skin . so dont take it to much .