Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Distress

Isolaz+Doxy+Spiro=????

Ok. I am on doxycyline and spironolatone antibiotics. The first 10 days i was only on doxy only to go back to the doc n realised the pharmacy missed out on my spiro. So now im on day 4 with 2 of those medications taken together day and in the evening. My question is. Can i go get the Isolaz treatment just to speed up the recovery on my face. I currently hv 3 active cyst acne on my forehead. And one big cyst on me jaw line. And not to mention my face gets oily too. N also some of other mild acne (Blackhead and Whiteheads). Hv anyone done something like that before and if so what is ur results. I will really love to know. Its gonna cost me USD999 for 4 treatments so i wanna make sure its good and safe to hv it done all together.

Ok. I am on doxycyline and spironolatone antibiotics. The first 10 days i was only on doxy only to go back to the doc n realised the pharmacy missed out on my spiro. So now im on day 4 with 2 of those medications taken together day and in the evening. My question is. Can i go get the Isolaz treatment just to speed up the recovery on my face. I currently hv 3 active cyst acne on my forehead. And one big cyst on me jaw line. And not to mention my face gets oily too. N also some of other mild acne (Blackhead and Whiteheads). Hv anyone done something like that before and if so what is ur results. I will really love to know. Its gonna cost me USD999 for 4 treatments so i wanna make sure its good and safe to hv it done all together.

Hey Distress - I just finished a couple of hours researching this and it was never mentioned that you could not be on other meds when doing this. I guess you would have to ask the practitioner. This sounds very promising and worth a try - if you have the money to spare. It seems like you would know if it was going to work after 4 treatments. I think there are follow-up treatments later cause it does not cure it, it only helps control it. Also, no treatment works for everybody but I like that this one is FDA approved for acne treatment. Please keep us posted if you actually do this. I think my daughter wants to try it in the near future.

Hello distress. I have had seven of these treatments! It has taken my acne from severe to very mild(this all was several months ago). From experience it is not worth the money and most people tend to need around six treatments. What is worse is the results only last about three to six months. To answer your question yes you will have to quit doxy two weeks prior to the treatments because of photosensitivity!( i do not know about spiro with it though). All in all just make sure you TELL the laser practitioner about your medication AND TELL your derm/doc. I wish you good luck with this it might work better for you.

P.S. If you have a lot of money and can afford many treatments then go for it, but if you can't then this is only going to burden your financial life.

Hello distress. I have had seven of these treatments! It has taken my acne from severe to very mild(this all was several months ago). From experience it is not worth the money and most people tend to need around six treatments. What is worse is the results only last about three to six months. To answer your question yes you will have to quit doxy two weeks prior to the treatments because of photosensitivity!( i do not know about spiro with it though). All in all just make sure you TELL the laser practitioner about your medication AND TELL your derm/doc. I wish you good luck with this it might work better for you.

P.S. If you have a lot of money and can afford many treatments then go for it, but if you can't then this is only going to burden your financial life.

Thanks for that info on the meds. Wow going from severe to very mild seems like it was kind of "worth it". What was your acne like after the first treatment? I know you have to keep up with these treatments. On a TV show I saw, they gave a girl a whole year's worth of treatments free. I think that's cause they knew you had to keep up with them. I am actually kind of excited about this at the moment and thought we would go see a doc in Santa Monica as soon as we can.

Thanks for that info on the meds. Wow going from severe to very mild seems like it was kind of "worth it". What was your acne like after the first treatment? I know you have to keep up with these treatments. On a TV show I saw, they gave a girl a whole year's worth of treatments free. I think that's cause they knew you had to keep up with them. I am actually kind of excited about this at the moment and thought we would go see a doc in Santa Monica as soon as we can.

Your definatly welcome, I just try to help whenever I can. Each FULL face treatment(partial face treatments cost less) costed me around $400. So in total it came to $2,800 for a three month clearance of most acne(i still had some acne and I've heard of some people getting as many as eleven of these treatments done!).Keep in mind theirs a two week period between each laser session, so even four treatments will take two months to complete. I have to say i'm a poor college student so it was not worth it financialy for me, on the other hand though if you have an extra $4,500 a year then go ahead with it(heck some people spend that on topicals, diets and other life style changes a year for acne!) why not!

BTW I did not see any results till my fourth treatment. Also if it's for a daughter ask them do to the facial hair/acne removing isolaz so you can get more for your money!

Hello,

I have experience with all three of these treatments. As someone mentioned, Doxy does increase your sensitivity to light and Isolaz is light...therefore there an increased liklihood of getting burned.

Spironolactone takes at least 3 months to show improvement. Spiro will reduce oiliness. Are you also taking birth control pills like Yaz? Unless you can't take birth control pills, I would try that as well. There is no problem with Spiro and Isolaz together.

I saw improvement only after 6 treatments of Isolaz. Now, I get the treatments every 6 weeks or so. What I would actually recommend is that you buy a red/blue acnelamp from acnelamp.com. Mine was 600 bucks but well worth it. I use it 15 minutes per day, and after 2 months saw improvement. If I don't use it for 4 days or so, my face breaks out again. It definitely works for me.

Doxy, at about 200 mg per day might help, or might not. If I were you, I'd do the Isolaz, Spiro, birth control pills, and buy an acnelamp and not do the Doxy. Or you could do the Doxy, Spiro, and birth control pills and wait on the Isolaz and acnelamp...especially if you are on a tight budget. Doxy and birth control pills are really cheap, and the light treatments aren't :-)

Hi ty for ur response. I am currently on spiro and doxy. Before that I did use ANSR. Its the blue red light for acne. But it doesnt do much for my cyst acne. I think i need to get a hold of the cyst before doing that again but theres improvement on those mild acne. So i stop that for now. I got a derma appointment this weekend. its just a consultation. Gonna ask if its possible to be getting isolaz when im on all that medication. I really think i need to clean the pores. My face was clear of acne 6 mths ago after i took minocycline. But after that my cyst acne came back in some kind of vengeance. I m hoping that isolaz will be some kinda jump start from the outside since the medication works from the inside.

I went to the dermatology yesterday. Its just a consultation. Since im on doxy, i got to finish up that medication first before going through Isolaz treatment. Not a prob tho coz i got 1 more mth of that medicine to go. So i book the Isolaz treatment for the august of 15. I can still be on spiro. Am thinking of light peel after the 4 treatments to lighten up the scar n get rid of the dead skin. N ohh the nurse recommend me a mask. Its called lerosett. It said to suppose helped with cystic acne and also ingrown hair. Suitable for men and women. Just used the mask yesterday. Will see if i see any changes after a mth. For now i still break out but not as huge as it used to be. Prolly the doxy n spiro helps. With this new mask i hope it will stop n eventually i can clean up my pores. :D

Give the spiro and doxy a chance to work, 3 to 6 months at least. If by then it doesn't work you may want to try Accutane. It was the only thing that worked for my cystic acne. The spiro helps with oiliness and minor breakouts for me. I've been on spiro for years now and I have started breaking out again but not cystic acne so I am going to ask the doctor for the doxy, mabye the new product that is being offered for rosacea since it's supposed to be a low dose that won't effect your digestive system. I'm also on Yaz bcp but I tried to get off of it but ended up having to get back on it.

Good luck.