Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
journey2nice_skin :-)

Lumps/Bumps on shoulders???..Help...pics included

Hi Everyone,

After searching through lots of posts on here- it seems nobody has experienced the same thing as me.

I have these bumps on my shoulders that vary in size- they are pink/red/white and are hard to touch (like lumps of gristle under the skin). I cant really remember when these lumps appeared- they have been there about 3 years or somthing now- occasionally get worse..like more imflammed and then go back down- but the lump it self never goes :-(

I am female and obviously this does alot to my self esteem as i cant wear strappy/summery tops as these lumps are really noticable :-(

I do suffer with fairly bad bacne- and also get lots of spots on my face- with the occasional cyst. I have recently started dianette contraception pill as i am going to start on Roaccutane in a few weeks....(which im dreading after reading some threads on here!!!!!!!)

Just wondered if anyone else suffers with these lumps/bumps and if roaccutane might help them flatten atleast??

Thanks for reading :-) Hope someone can help! xx

post-105593-1245347510_thumb.jpg

post-105593-1245347550_thumb.jpg

post-105593-1245347600_thumb.jpg

post-105593-1245347510_thumb.jpg

post-105593-1245347550_thumb.jpg

post-105593-1245347600_thumb.jpg

Really to me those look like they could be cysts. Have you asked your Dr about it? They can get them out of there if that is what it is.

Hi Thanks for the reply :-)

Yeah i have seen a few Dr's regarding these and 1 told me they were keyloid scars...and the Derm im seeing who has decided to start me on accutane thinks its cystic acne. I just find this strange as they have never actually come to a head and some of these lumps have been here like 3 years!!... What makes you think the Dr could get them out if they are cysts?...excision you mean??

ta xx

I am not a physician but they look to me to be inclusion cysts or what was more commonly once referred to as a wen. These can be removed surgically. I have one on my neck that I am having removed next Monday. They are filled with sebaceous material (white cheesy looking stuff that smells badly). You might ask your physician again and mention inclusion cyst or wen when referring to them and question why he/she thinks they are what they are.

Don't worry about the accutane, you will be monitored and if you are like the majority of people who take it, you will get good results.

All the best,

Joe Zit

Hi Thanks for the reply :-)

Yeah i have seen a few Dr's regarding these and 1 told me they were keyloid scars...and the Derm im seeing who has decided to start me on accutane thinks its cystic acne. I just find this strange as they have never actually come to a head and some of these lumps have been here like 3 years!!... What makes you think the Dr could get them out if they are cysts?...excision you mean??

ta xx

The reason I thought of cysts is because my FIL gets them (he is diabetic and this is an unusual side effect of that) and his look somewhat like this. Yes they have to be excised but his Dr does it with a very very small incision of a few millimeters and pulls out the sack with tweezers. Sometimes they come back if they don't get it all. And yes some of his have stuck around for years and then one day one will decide to swell, get sore, etc and he will get it extracted.

Why would your Dr think these are scars? Did you have a skin injury or sores that could have made these scars?

Best of luck to you and I hope you find a solution :)

Just stumbled on this thread.. curious about how you are doing! Did the Dr say they are wen like others suggested? I'm curious cause my boyfriend has one that looks much like yours.