Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Would a 1.25% or 1.5% BP be easier on sensitive skin? Would it be a good primer to get our skins used to BP before moving up to 2.5%, even if it was less effective?

My skin is extremely sensitive to the 2.5%, and I have switched to every other night using a pea-sized amount, and today my face is really embarrassingly red. I was just wondering if a slightly less potent BP would help me get used to it easier? Has this ever been discussed before, or is 2.5% as low of a dosage as you can go?

I've never seen bp come in any strength milder than 2.5%.

Usually for those with super sensitive skin, we recommend doing what you are already doing with the tiny amount. If a pea size is too strong for you at this stage, try using an even smaller amount. Maybe a BB size, if you can. Just take it very slowly.

Being unable to tolerate even a very small amount of 2.5% BP every other night might be a sign that you're allergic to BP. Not sure that a lower concentration would help in that case.