Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

As someone with oily, acne-prone skin, I've hated putting on sunscreen because even the so-called "ultra-sheer" products from Neutrogena leave my skin feeling really oily, shiny, etc. Thankfully, I randomly complained about this to my dermatologist at the laser dermatology practice I've been visiting recently for some treatments the other day, and they recommended me this sunscreen/moisturizer they carry there called "Elta MD UV Shield" - www.eltamd.com. I was skeptical at first, but when I put it on, I was BLOWN AWAY. This is the most lightweight, non-oily, sheer sunscreen I have ever used. It provides UVA/UVB protection through zinc oxide and octinoxate and is SPF 45. Seriously, if you have oily skin and hate to use sunscreen due to it's oiliness, you really really have to try this out. I haven't seen it in stores, but I'm sure you can order it online.

Edit: Wow, I sound like an infomercial.

I'll check this out. I'm desperately looking for a suncreen I can use because I've been burning like crazy for the last two months. I'm very fair and I have very small pores, so products don't absorb into my skin well. I also thought the Neutrogena "Ultra Sheer" sunscreen felt greasy, just like every other sunscreen. I've tried sunscreens by Clinique, Aveeno, Cetaphil, Neutrogena, Bullfrog, Coppertone, and even the moisturizer with SPF that Proactiv makes and they all made my skin feel like it was coated in bacon grease.

I'll give the "Elta MD UV Shield" a try... but if anyone has other recommendations, I'd love to hear them too :D