Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gda_11

What's up with my Derm?

Finished acctuane a few months ago. Yay. Anyway, I just had a few questions. I've read a lot of stuff about accutane on these boards and it conflicts with what my derm was telling me. When I had finished my course, he said if the acne comes back I could go back on accutane but I thought there was a period of time you had to wait before going back on accutane? I asked him and he said no... he's had patients on accutane for up to a year in the past.

He also put me on the accutane the very first time I'd ever been to a derm and didn't try any topicals or antibiotics first, he didn't weigh me or ask any questions either. He just said "Okay I'll write you a prescription for accutane"

It just seems a lot of what he did contradicted what I've read here.

its a bit weird, unless your weight was in the medical records.

You can work it out for yourself .... http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Accutane-...ot-t147518.html

Apparently you should wait 8 weeks...but that can also be because improvement is seen 2 months after you finish.

Its nice that hes willing to put you back on it, if your acne returns....at least you have a derm thats happy with accutane, some are just scared of the drug.

its a bit weird, unless your weight was in the medical records.

You can work it out for yourself .... http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Accutane-...ot-t147518.html

Apparently you should wait 8 weeks...but that can also be because improvement is seen 2 months after you finish.

Its nice that hes willing to put you back on it, if your acne returns....at least you have a derm thats happy with accutane, some are just scared of the drug.

mine aucally took accutane so i trust him lol.

My derm didn't check my weight either. I didn't even think about that until reading your post. If my derm doesn't bump me up at least 20mg next week I'm going to tell him to because I weigh 180 and I'm only on 60mg a day.

Thanks for the posts guys, and yeah I thought the weight thing was a bit weird, oh well...he's a fan of accutane.

Did you have cystic acne, gda? My derm suggested Mino on my first visit, but she also asked if I was willing to try Accutane. I'm thankful my derm is open minded, and that she genuinely listened to my concerns.

Not cystic, but yes it was very bad.

EDIT: upon further painful reflection, I may have had 1 cyst at a time? But that wouldn't happen very often.