Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
carmel-3

Took my first accutane pill today...

So I'm not new here but it is my first post. I have done so much research on accutane and decided that it was what I wanted to do. My name is Carmelita I am a 26 female with SEVERE cystic acne. I have always had acne but the last year for some reason it went crazy and out of control. My derm. put me on bactrim and yaz a month ago in preparation for accutane. The bactrim was to help settle my inflammation but really didn't do anything in the month I was on it. So she said keep taking it with the accutane. She was so worried about a horrible IB since my skin is so bad already that she only started me on 20mg of accutane and will up it to 40mg next month. Anyway, I might need as much support as possible through this so I wanted to introduce myself incase I have a breakdown and need to vent! :D ...I have before pics that I will post when I can even stand to look at them...I also have a question: i use proactiv and have for a long time but i'm wondering if I should just use a gentle cleanser instead while on accutane? Any advice is appreciated.

Welcome to the club! Go gentle as a preventative. My derm said if my "regular" facial wash didn't bother me to continue to use it - so I did but it ended up being "too much" within a week. I think I could have prevented some irritation and redness if I would have discontinued right away. Gently and quickly cleanse and moisturize moisturize even before you need it and let accutane run it's course. Good luck! :)

Hey how you doing? I'm sure you will see great improvement with Accutane, it takes time to see the progress but its worth it in the long run. I was on Accutane when i was 14yrs old, It worked great on me, except i quit taking it after 6months because i saw a huge improvement so my doctor and i decided for me to stop taking it. I was clear for about a year then i started to get acne back (not as bad) but i would still get it. anyways let me know how your doing,and let me know if u have any questions over accutane...I'm no expert but i can share my experience on accutane with you.