Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LQP

Makeup Remover?

This topic just frustrates me so much because I really don't know what to do!

(1) Do I just use the face wash to take off my makeup - however, then I feel like I didn't get it all off and am going to clog my pores and make my acne worse

(2) Or, do I use a makeup remover towelette before I wash my face - but this could just irritate my skin more with the excess rubbing

How do you all do it? What products do you use for it? I plan on starting the Acne.org Regimen & products at the beginning of July. I currently use face wipes to remove my makeup (the makeup I use is mineral powder).

Thanks everyone!

At the Clinique counter like a year ago when I had clear skin but wanted to get rid of those pimples that hit you when its the time of the month, this lady recommended the 3 step system for acne, and with it she told me to buy the make up remover to make sure all your make up is off, so the 3 step system can really penetrate your skin. Anyway, the 3 step system sucks, and it actually made me break out and burned my face so that obviously got returned the same week, but I actually kept the make up remover and been using it ever since. You can literally see the make up melt of your face. I used to use cleanser to take of my make up also, and my make up would still be left over on my face, but this Clinique make up remover is amazing...I hate everything else by them because it drys the heck out of your face, but the make up remover is a must have...

many people use a cleansing oil, mac sells one (you may or may not want to try, it's def got a higher potential of breaking you out) and DHC makes one a lot of people like. alternativley, you could use an oil, like olive or grape seed that works wonders to remove makeup. however, they don't have ingredients that will eliminate a film that oils leave behind, and that film may or may not clog pores. most people who wear heavier makeup that's difficult to remove (revlon colorstay, double wear, waterproof eyeliner/mascara, etc) need to use some sort of oil to get it completley off.

i use philosophy's purity, i don't wear heavy makeup, and it does a fine job on it's own.

I first wash my face with a Cetaphil cleanser. Afterward, I'll put Loreal's Eye Makeup Remover on a cotton ball and scrub the makeup off. Even my long-lasting concealer comes off easily. :)

I use Maybelline's Expert Eyes for waterproof eye makeup remover....I only use powder and blush so washing with a cleanser works for me. However I do love my Benefit BadGal mascara and if I wash normally it still leaves me with black racoon eyes...the cleanser doesn't get it all out :)

I don't use a special makeup remover anymore. I wear Revlon Colorstay and I use is the soap from Trader Joe's that I buy for $1.60, it comes in a pack of two and it's very good at removing tough makeup. I do have to wash my face twice though, to get all of it off. Sometimes I will follow up with a toner, but generally I don't really have to do that. I was using some makeup remover wipes before that, but I felt I had to tug at my skin too much in order to get it off, and I still had to follow that up with my regular cleanser. Now, I just use the Tea Tree Oil soap from Trader Joe's.

I don't use a special makeup remover anymore. I wear Revlon Colorstay and I use is the soap from Trader Joe's that I buy for $1.60, it comes in a pack of two and it's very good at removing tough makeup. I do have to wash my face twice though, to get all of it off. Sometimes I will follow up with a toner, but generally I don't really have to do that. I was using some makeup remover wipes before that, but I felt I had to tug at my skin too much in order to get it off, and I still had to follow that up with my regular cleanser. Now, I just use the Tea Tree Oil soap from Trader Joe's.

lol I love Trader Joes, I always go there to buy seaweed crackers, yummy, I never knew they carry soaps there n such...I should go check it out...

lol I love Trader Joes, I always go there to buy seaweed crackers, yummy, I never knew they carry soaps there n such...I should go check it out...

Yeah, they have a small section where they sell soap, shampoo, lotions, etc. They have a lot of different soaps that I want to try. I was always scared to use soaps because a lot of them are too harsh for your skin, but for some reason the times I have used soap my skin has always cleared up faster. Once I bought a soap that this guy made and sold at the LA county fair, it was green and I totally should have saved the wrapper or gotten his card because my skin was so good when I used that soap. Sadly, I don't remember the name of it, or how I can get in contact with that man. Ugh. That was the best soap ever, even my dad commented on how good my skin looked.

I just use baby oil and it gets rid of the makeup including waterproof mascara. However I have a long routine. After I remove my makeup with baby oil, I tend to take a shower, after the shower, I would cleanse my face with cleanser. That just takes off all my makeup even the most stubborn. :razz:

I used to use DHC's Cleansing Oil, but stopped half way since I got bothered slathering oil on my face even though I wash it out with a cleanser afterwards.

Now, I'm using Neutrogena's Cleansing Wipes which removes eye make ups as well, then use a mild cleanser to make sure no residue is left.

I used to use DHC's Cleansing Oil, but stopped half way since I got bothered slathering oil on my face even though I wash it out with a cleanser afterwards.

Now, I'm using Neutrogena's Cleansing Wipes which removes eye make ups as well, then use a mild cleanser to make sure no residue is left.

I used the Neutrogena wipes, if someone insists on using wipes I would suggest Neutrogena's. Even though I thought they were OK, I still didn't like the fact that I had to tug at my skin and then follow it up with another cleanser. I like to limit the amount of contact with my skin, tugging at it with a wipe irritated my skin, and I HAD to tug otherwise my makeup wouldn't budge.

I'm wondering about this too. I wear Estee Lauder double wear and it is so hard to get off. I always feel like some of it is staying on after I wash my face. I use vaseline for my eyes though, it takes eyemake up right off haha.