Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
THX

Want to do excision and subcision, but afraid

Hi guys, I have some scars on my face - I really don't have that many, but 3-4 are deep and stand out. They are also in very obvious places of my face (ie. in the mouth-crease area). I think subcision would work for some and one could be excised, but I'm afraid that the procedure will not work and leave me with more scars. I don't know if this feeling is based on facts or if it's just my imagination running wild. Therefore, I'm wondering if it is common for patients to experience more scarring after these proceedures... or if they are generally considered safe?

do alot of research and find a good doctor and you'll have nothing to fear..for example, have a good post op routine setup. collagen stimulating topical, vitamins ect.. find a experienced doctor who is motivated to help you and ask lots of questions. then go for it and improve your life. good luck. :)

I've had 2 subcision treatments now. I don't know if there's results YET but my dermatologist says that it will take months or years to see results. It requires patience.

Anyways, no, it didn't give me any more scarring. Also, it's not really painful. I thought that it would be but it isn't. It feels like a pinch. That's about it. If I can handle the treatment, you can handle it too

I had five excisions in Nov. 08 and only recently felt the final result (7 months later) could be evaluated. It took forever for the discoloring to go away and I feared worse scarring, but that happened only with one- made it a wider shallower scar instead of a tiny icepick- a tradeoff that I'm not sure I like.

So of course I couldn't leave well enough alone and just had two of the excised scars subcised... subcision is what I SHOULD have done first... but I really hoped the excisions would be the end all. Stupid me- the excisions cost $1000.00 and two subcisions only cost $90.00.

I know not to get excited yet as its only been 4 days since my subcisions- but they look greatly improved... I can only pray that its not just a temporary affect from swelling. I'm soooo tired and poor from spending money and having false hope.