Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Peronel

Holes, holes and more holes

Hi there everybody, I have been on wits' end the past year with my pitted and ice pick scars. I wonder if it's anything to do with my quitting of benzoyl peroxide. The 2.5% benzoyl peroxide works great and helps me stay acne free but i thought it drys my skin and gives me fine lines thus I switched to salicylic acid. Please tell me if benzoyl peroxide works better to prevent pitted scars and perhaps it does slough off surface skin and make pores look smaller since benzoyl peroxide is known to cause flaking.

I've tried needling done by dermatologists and laser but to no avail. Should I go back to benzoyl peroxide?Anybody, advice and treatment recommendations please. Lotsa thanks!

If you have used BP before and didn't have a reaction to it, I think BP is more effective than salicylic acid. I would use alpha hydroxy acid (Dan's version is great!) in conjunction with BP to help improve your skin tone overall. Do you see a dermatologist? If so, ask about the Obagi Clenziderm kit. It's pricey but seems to work for a lot of people. Look up the review on here.

Hi there, thanks for your advice. I still have many pitted scars and large pores. My pores were smaller previously but they got big and I started have pitted scars ever since I had jessna peels done at the doctor's and tried to do extraction myself at home.

If you're pretty much done with "breaking-out", rely on the benz. perox. to merely assist small scale pimples and such. Thats what I do, I never took accutane but i've taken like 100mg's of Doxycyline for a couple years now and im guessing as to if maybe that's why I don't break-out other than right now I have like three pimples on my chin. Anywho, if you're more so concerned with scarring and it looks like you're from an asian descent in your picture look into Fraxel Re:store treatments. save up your money and do like three or four of them. highest energy would be recommended. if that doesn't work try fractionated carbon dioxide lasers like Fraxel Re:pair. I'm getting a sample spot test of DeepFX which is like a lesser popular Re:pair so I here, next week.

Thanks a bunch for the recommendations. Before I try the expensive lasers, do you know if Bioskincare works as well for ice pick scars? Anyone tried bioskincare or bioskinclear and have good results and scars improved? I noticed the claims and reviews on bioskincare website claiming that it helps with ice pick scars

I dont know about bioskincare, which are the stuff that does the work in this product?

Im going to try Roc Retinol Correxion Deep Wrinkle Filler, it contains, Hyaluronic Acid and RETINOL these two combined, i have my hopes up :)

Heres the full list of the stuff in it:

Water, Pantaerythrityl tetraethylhaxanoate, Glycerin, PEG 8, PEG 15, Stearyl Ether, Nylon 12, Butylene Glycol, Stearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxcinnamate, Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Ceteareth 20, Isohexadecane, Butyrospermum, Parkii ((Shea Butter)), Retinol, Hydrolyzed Hyaluronic Acid, Polyacrylamide, Phenoxyethanol, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Caprylyl Glycol, Pentylene Glycol, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Laureth 7, Disodium EDTA, Allantoin, Dihydroxy Methylchromone, BHT, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydroxyphenyl Propamidobenzoic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Polysorbate 20, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance, Sodium Hydroxide

Results after Clinical Testing

Immediately:

Creases are filled to diminish the appearance of fine lines

Re-plumped skin is softer and smoother

After 4 weeks:

The look of crow's feet and deep facial wrinkles are diminished

This exclusive formula is:

Non-comedogenic

Dermatologist tested

Thanks for the recommendation and for providing me with detailed ingredients. Have decided to go back to benzoyl peroxide. Hope ROC works for you :razz:

Thanks for the recommendation and for providing me with detailed ingredients. Have decided to go back to benzoyl peroxide. Hope ROC works for you :razz:

I will most likely use it together with needling, so the stuff can really GO DEEP in the skin and heal up from there, only need to make small wound in the bottom of the pit and put roc all over the pore :)... hopefully works

Have you tried super cp serum? Let me know if it works, thanks ;)

Nope, but i have heard of that product, will most likely try it aswell :)

Ill let you know if any visible changes happen hehe.

OMG!....i am experiencing the same thing I am so sad and depressed because I'm getting holes/ice pick scars after only 3 weeks of quitting benzoyl peroxide. I reallyyy wanted to stay off benzoyl peroxide because it gives me more acne and bigger acne that takes a long time to go away. i might have to start using it again because these scars are much more horrible :( i just want to die i'm so depressed

BP might clear the acne up- but it leaves some nasty damage lurking under the surface. It will come back to haunt you oneday...

Stopping the use of BP is the smartest thing you can do, chuck it away.

Use the acids for spot treatment instead, and try copper peptides. google copper peptides and find as much info as you can, I swear by CPs for skin re modelling, my skin is improving each week.

I cant begin to imagine what rolling BP into your skin would do.... dont go there. JMO.