Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oiler

Solution to extremely oily facial skin

Short answer, you're stuck with it.

I tried B5, apple cider vinegar, peppermint oil, tee tree oil, zinc pills, and even topical accutaine for extended lengths of time.

Nothing works. Topical accutane dries out my whole face EXCEPT for the nose and forehead, where apparently my sebaceous glands do not realize that I am using accutane.

I give up. I'm just going to soak up a blotting sheet every 30 minutes until they figure this all out.

Never give up - there is something out there that will work for YOU - just haven't found it yet.

Guest jessmc

Please try jojoba oil. It is very similar to your skins natural oils. Tea tree oil is amazing but it doesn't necessarily moisturize your skin. Jojoba oil will absorb completely into your skin and balance oil production. It will clear out your pores and shrink them. Your dry skin will be moisturized and it won't be oily either. Use a little bit in your day lotion and then rub it right on your face at night.

I had really oily skin just like yours, i would have to blot it all the time and even over-wash it so i felt normal but that just made it worse. I have been using jojoba oil for a week now and it has greatly improved my skin. I haven't had to "blot" once!

I want to tell as many people as possible about jojoba oil because I am so happy with it. Let me know if you try it.

jess

:angel:

I would do the same except sometimes it's embarrassing to do that in front of people..like what if you're on a date?

Your by no means stuck with it. I had the most oily skin ever when I was about 14-15, and I then went on Accutane, and after the course all acne causes oil was gone. I swear.

Consume two 8ounce glasses of water upon awaking/before bedtime. Throughout the day, supplement your body with at least one 8ounce ensuing every elimination indefinitely. Urine should effort clear to light yellow. Pursue this dearly and one shall see progress within the day into next. =]

I'm curious as to why you think that drinking water would have any effect on sebum production. Do you have any direct evidence to support that idea?