Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rhayne

Can anyone suggest a moisturizer?

Currently I am using Aveeno Skin Relief (with oat essence) lotion. I know lotion clogs pores and is bad for you so I want to switch to a moisturizer. I have slightly flaky, dry skin which is getting better with my new routine but I still need something to add moisture back. Does anyone have any suggestions? I need something that is fragrance free, for dry skin and is relatively inexpensive. Thanks. :)

lo·tion (lō´shәn)

n.

1. A medicated preparation consisting of a liquid suspension or dispersion intended for external application.

2. Any of various externally applied cosmetic liquids.

All moisturizers are lotions--moisturizing lotions.

There's a list of good moisturizers here (yes, I realize that it's a list of moisturizers recommended to be used with The Regimen, but they're not exclusively for use with The Regimen, and there are reviews available for all of them, so if you're looking for a new moisturizer, that would be a good place to start).

I know that moisturizers are lotions. hehe. I only specifically asked for a moisturizer because I keep hearing that you use "lotion" for your body and "moisturizer" for your face. And that you should never put a lotion on your face because it will be too heavy, greasy, clog pores and cause breakouts. Thank you for the list though. :)

I was a long time Clinique user, but I switched to Dan's.

So:

1.) Dan's

2.) Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturising Lotion

I use Target's version of Oil of Olay moisturizer. It is for sensitive skin so it is fragrance free. It is only 5 dollars! Gotta love that!

Clinique Moisture On Line is really thick and hydrating but doesn't clog pores at all. My sister uses it all winter as her skin is both dry and acne-prone. Even I can get away with using it occasionally and I'm a total greaseball.

Clinique Moisture On Line is really thick and hydrating but doesn't clog pores at all. My sister uses it all winter as her skin is both dry and acne-prone. Even I can get away with using it occasionally and I'm a total greaseball.

My sister introduced me to this lotion from Neutrogina. It's a anti blemish anti wrinkle cream and it contains retina and salicylic acid. I have extremely sensitive skin and this product has really helped me. It's non-greasy and it has definitely faded some of my old acne marks.

jojoba oil is fragrance free, natural, and it only takes a little to moisturize your skin. i have been pretty happy with the results i have gotten from it.