Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jaojohnson1

Quick question about scaring.

Hello,

I hear that squeezing a pimple is what causes the scar. I was curious if the blemish is left alone and not be touched could it still scar?

Yes, blemishes can still leave hyperpigmentation or scars even if they're left alone, but picking at them significantly increases the likelihood of skin damage.

Yes, blemishes can still leave hyperpigmentation or scars even if they're left alone, but picking at them significantly increases the likelihood of skin damage.

So what are we/ am i suppose to do? If i squeeze a pimple i get scar. If i don't do this...i am stuck with that red pimple blemish for a long time..and when it finally dries somehow..it remains a red mark/spot for....VERY LONG TIME...like half to 1 year ... maybe for some it takes longer time..so what should i do?

Your best option is just to find a treatment that keeps you clear. If you're not breaking out, you won't be getting hyperpigmentation or acne scarring.

Actually I'm sorry, I do have one more question.

Can blemishes go away on their own without popping or is this always part of the healing process? Thank you.