Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scarr

How much do girls care about guys with Acne Scars?

Pretty much as the title says...

What do you ladies think?

My main type of scarring is icepick/box scars.

Hey there,

In my personal opinion, it totally doesn't matter. I understand that there needs to be some sort of physical attraction, but I think that it's kind of shallow to let something as insignificant as scars bother you. Scars aren't an issue. I know it's kind of cheesy and cliche, but personality means so much more! If you get to know someone and find their personality attractive, they become so much sexier.

Don't worry about it :)

IMO, girls don't really care as much about scars on men as men do about scars on women. Women look for husbands who can provide love and security, who can be a good father of her children, therefore physical perfection is not that crucial. I am not sure how many girls didn't like me BECAUSE of my scars, but I am certain there are quite a few who have been attracted to me IN SPITE of them. When I mention this, they simply said they didn't care. Apparently I am more superficial than they. :wub:

On the other hand, men tend to be more harsh on women's appearance due to the ego/vanity factor (to show the ability to have physically attractive women sometimes creates a competition among men, specially the young ones. it is like bult in their genes). Of course it doesn't apply to every man.

men can get away with scarring, women however cannot. dudes like keanu reeves, brad pitt and johnny depp have/had scarring and pitt had a shit load of work done on his. that dude in the new star trek movie, chris pine, has significant scarring. they are all still deemed desirable. the pine dude has particularly awful scarring all over his cheeks and neck area but he still manages to look appealing and comes off quite charming.

i challenge you to think of a woman with bad scarring that is considered hot.

some chicks dig the rugged look. if that fails for you, grow out a beard. i wish i had that option however a woman with a beard would be a tad odd, dont you think?

Yikes, as a woman with acne scars, this topic is really depressing me, haha. The truth hurts, I guess.

I always adored Dane Cook...The other day I was wathching a previous recording of the Vicious Circle and noticed he has pretty bad acne scarring...Do I think of him any less or do I not find him attractive now? Not all...He is an amazingly funny man, and I never even noticed his scars, because who the heck looks that close at a person, unless you are a shallow moffaka...Its always more to a person then acne scars, and even if a man has acne scarring I could care less...I would rather have a guy with acne scarrs, then a lunatic that obcesses over his skin every second he gets...Leave the worrying about skin for the women...thats really a woman thing to do...My ex had pretty bad bacne, and I really could of cared less about it, I liked him as a person...And the main thing was he didnt freak out over it like I see a lot of men on here do...

I couldn't be with a guy with acne scars, but that's because I suffered with them. It would be like someone mirroring all my worst insecurities. It's hard to say how I would feel if I never had acne or scars.

men can get away with scarring, women however cannot. dudes like keanu reeves, brad pitt and johnny depp have/had scarring and pitt had a shit load of work done on his. that dude in the new star trek movie, chris pine, has significant scarring. they are all still deemed desirable. the pine dude has particularly awful scarring all over his cheeks and neck area but he still manages to look appealing and comes off quite charming.

some chicks dig the rugged look. if that fails for you, grow out a beard. i wish i had that option however a woman with a beard would be a tad odd, dont you think?

I highly agree.. females have it harder with acne scars. The same thing with weight also.

I dont know but i guess in todays world men need to be just as 'pretty' as women are, but i really dont think thats true. Men should be able to look beat the hell up with scars and stuff and it shouldnt matter because thats what men usually look like, beatup, big pores, wrinkles, etc. I mean i guess thats how it was in the old days.

I can speak from personal experience that there are many other factors that women care about besides acne/acne scars.

I used to think many years ago that younger people were more concerned with superficial characteristics than older people. I find that it's not necessarily true. Also, I am willing to bet that money, weight, height, and race are very much in some women's list when it comes to being attracted to somebody.

Of course- this is not scientific...just my own personal experience.

Pretty much as the title says...

What do you ladies think?

My main type of scarring is icepick/box scars.

I think women look more internal than external (at least the ones I know). More interested in personality. Less superficial. (Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of superficial women out there but for the most part I think women look for men who have great personality, potential, intelligence and confidence).

JMO.

I highly agree.. females have it harder with acne scars. The same thing with weight also.

I don't agree with either of you. It just goes to show that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I know women married to my friends with bad acne complexions and their husbands couldn't give a hoot. Mature acne in women is very common these days.

One of the most goodlooking women I saw in last few years was working behind the counter in a store. As I walked away it suddenly occurred to me that said woman had acne scarring all over her face. I suddenly felt hypocritical at making such a fuss over my own scars when I would not care about them on someone else.