Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

For all those of you who are willing to read... I've visited this website for about 2 years and looked at alot of posts and through the galleries,etc... but at the end of the day, I still can't get myself to feel that I'm not alone, that there is somebody experiencing it too.

I'm 22 years old, and have had severe acne for 7 years, on top of contracting chickenpox when I was 14, which left me with horrible scars and keloids all over the body, which has made me even more depressed. I am now on my 3rd course of roaccutane, but things aren't working well at all.

I first took roaccutane 7 years ago and everything returned to normal, I was so over the moon, but this only lasted for 1.5 years, then the severe acne returned. Then, I was put onto my 2nd course and I was content everything would be fine.. but NO.....after the course I ended with severe KELOIDS! of both sides of the face, from the bottom-of-ear level to along the jawline. Ever since then, I'd just given up, it is just too upsetting. I've had laser, chemical peeling and so many steroid injections and it just doesnt work... those scars are bumpy and annoying, and look so awful, they just look like really bad burns scars.

That wasnt the end of it. Just about 7 months later, the acne relasped.. so now I've got bad cystic acne, depressed scars all over, keloid scars, plus the rest of the scars i have to cope with all over my body.

I have even dropped out of uni the last 6 months to try to get to terms or possibly get over it, but to no avail. I get so upset and am so sleep deprived, and the heart just sinks whenever i look at my skin, both in the mirror and in the shower. Just looks too awful.

With all this, my lifestyle turned for the worse, irregular eating/sleeping,etc. AND now for some reason, I now have haemorroids!!!!! REALLY, what is going on?!!!!!!!!

And I went to see the doctor who said it looks likely to have to be removed by [email protected] and said the cause might be the exterme stress I'm experiencing. Like i havent suffered enough already.. so now i have to endure this pain too....!??? WTF is this!!!!

I am just completely shattered and I don't look forward to each next day at all.....

Please somebody out there, help me please...........

Ahh man that sucks i really feel for you.

You've had an unlucky combination of acne by the sounds of it and scarring which sucks. Your definetely not on your own we are here and there are many others in this situation.

Stress is NOT a good thing. Chillout/relax take up a hobby/go out and forget about it before you know it your getting better. And please eat healthly don't eat any sugar/junk foods for a while. Drink shit loads of water and your sleep is very important.

Good Luckkk =)

Acceptance is what many of us seek. I have yet to find mine, but i hope you will find yours soon. That is not to say that you should stop seeking treatment for your condition though.

I honestly do not know whether diet affects acne, but I believe it is still good to eat healthily

Acceptance is what many of us seek. I have yet to find mine, but i hope you will find yours soon. That is not to say that you should stop seeking treatment for your condition though.

I honestly do not know whether diet affects acne, but I believe it is still good to eat healthily

Well, i guess you said the right thing. Acceptance. We don't need people to pity us but we need them to accept us, our face.

As for threadstarter, i really understand your situation. Like u, I suffered acne for 7 years. I am now 22. My first outbreak was 15 then gradually it cleared up. Just as i thought things were going fine, disaster strucked again. It was when i was 19, really bad, worse than the first time. Now, just a few acne time to time, but bad scarring. ........

But all we can to is to hope for the best. Don't give up.

Regards

Practical and immediate advice - take a fiber supplement, increase water consumption, don't strain when having a BM. Use stool softeners like docusate sodium as needed. Get 30 minutes of excerise a day, don't spend excessive amount of time on the computer/sitting. Also, PreparationH wipes can be helpful.

Hard to be optimistic when you are uncomfortable. Hang in there.

Hey I know how you feel, like a lot of people. Of course no one knows exactly what you are going through, but I would say you are not alone. You just have to do the best with the cards you are dealt. Life is unpredictable, and sometimes very unfair. It is a case of mind over matter though, I would consider talking these issues out with someone, I think that would help a great deal. If you can see a psychologist I would recommend it, it helped me loads, more than anything for the acne. In fact if I had counselling before I got bad acne and took accutane I would have saved a lot of grief. So the sooner the better. This may be the hardest thing to deal with in life. I think these issues are the hardest for me to deal with, but who knows I haven't had kids etc., so keep pushing forward, you will be stronger for the next things life throws at you. I feel for you though, and best of luck!

Hi,

For all those of you who are willing to read... I've visited this website for about 2 years and looked at alot of posts and through the galleries,etc... but at the end of the day, I still can't get myself to feel that I'm not alone, that there is somebody experiencing it too.

I'm 22 years old, and have had severe acne for 7 years, on top of contracting chickenpox when I was 14, which left me with horrible scars and keloids all over the body, which has made me even more depressed. I am now on my 3rd course of roaccutane, but things aren't working well at all.

I first took roaccutane 7 years ago and everything returned to normal, I was so over the moon, but this only lasted for 1.5 years, then the severe acne returned. Then, I was put onto my 2nd course and I was content everything would be fine.. but NO.....after the course I ended with severe KELOIDS! of both sides of the face, from the bottom-of-ear level to along the jawline. Ever since then, I'd just given up, it is just too upsetting. I've had laser, chemical peeling and so many steroid injections and it just doesnt work... those scars are bumpy and annoying, and look so awful, they just look like really bad burns scars.

That wasnt the end of it. Just about 7 months later, the acne relasped.. so now I've got bad cystic acne, depressed scars all over, keloid scars, plus the rest of the scars i have to cope with all over my body.

I have even dropped out of uni the last 6 months to try to get to terms or possibly get over it, but to no avail. I get so upset and am so sleep deprived, and the heart just sinks whenever i look at my skin, both in the mirror and in the shower. Just looks too awful.

With all this, my lifestyle turned for the worse, irregular eating/sleeping,etc. AND now for some reason, I now have haemorroids!!!!! REALLY, what is going on?!!!!!!!!

And I went to see the doctor who said it looks likely to have to be removed by [email protected] and said the cause might be the exterme stress I'm experiencing. Like i havent suffered enough already.. so now i have to endure this pain too....!??? WTF is this!!!!

I am just completely shattered and I don't look forward to each next day at all.....

Stop taking Accutane; it doesn't solve the problem. It's likely your hormones, or something else is unbalanced. Get a second opinion, from like a good MD.

I'm in the same situation as you except the location of scarring. I even had hemorrhoids after dropping out of uni to try to get things together. I realized it was cause all i did was pretty much sit around all day as well as diet. Months ago I started jogging every day as well as cutting trans fat and most processed foods. Also, fiber is your friend. First I took metamucil to aid the situation but then weened off it and just started eatin bran or even popcorn. The problem is gone and I'm in relatively good shape. Still looking for help with the scars tho but atleast I dont have a nightmare of a time taking a bowel movement.

Well, i guess you said the right thing. Acceptance. We don't need people to pity us but we need them to accept us, our face.

As for threadstarter, i really understand your situation. Like u, I suffered acne for 7 years. I am now 22. My first outbreak was 15 then gradually it cleared up. Just as i thought things were going fine, disaster strucked again. It was when i was 19, really bad, worse than the first time. Now, just a few acne time to time, but bad scarring. ........

But all we can to is to hope for the best. Don't give up.

Regards

Actually what I meant is for us to accept ourselves. I believe that is more important than any external acceptance. Though it doesnt hurt for everyone else to accept us. :D

Hi,

Hey I just wanted to let you know that as bad as your skin might be,thats not the most important part about you. I cant imagine how much it effects you but you must live life and find joy in other things. You are so young and I bet you have a wonderful personality. Build your confidenince by what you can achieve in life. Whoever judges you by your apperance are people you dont need in your life. And most importantly turn to God for help, nothing is impossible for him. Go back to school with your head up high and achieve goals. WHat will you accomplish feeling despressed all the time? Nothing! Learn to love yourself. They are good genuwine people in the world who look past physicall apperance,so dont worry your mate will come soon and she/he will understand you and love you for the real you which is underneath your skin. We all get old and our apperances are temp. We are meant to live for eternity, and we only have to put up with this crazy flesh here on earth but if you choose to trust God with your life, eternity will be amazing , with no flaws! Take care of yourself and know that you are not alone and that they are people who dont have a choice and are born with traggic dieases like aids,hiv,cancer,diabites,herpes,syphillis, child syndrome,beain damage,and much much more. They're peolple in the world who dont have food,or a home, or parents....i cant imagine what it must be like to die from HUNGER, or to die becuase you dont have a home and lack of nurishment is no were to be found. SO before you complain, just think about all the pepole who are going through life and death situtatuions. Be bless, email me anytime.

Sincerely ,

Johanna

I'm sorry. I think you should follow Cecelias advice immediately including hanging in there. One day this will all be over and youre life will be back to normal. Try to accept and enjoy life each day in any way you feel you can even if its only for 5 minutes. You have a lot of emotion and you need to express it every day through music or exercise or writing, you do it enough you will feel better. The biggest regret you may end up with because of this is not being the person you wanted to be/the things you didn't do, so bearing that in mind, try to let it hold you back a little less each day. You will find your acceptance and happiness but it has to come from within you, not the rest of the world. Good luck and I hope you feel better.

Hi people,

Thanks heaps for the advise and encouragement!! I will try to enjoy everyday and I do understand that there are alot more people out there with worse situations too.

Sometimes I do wonder about my 3rd course of accutane, as the risks for taking so much are unknown and I've heard bad stories about future health problems, but I just can't help it but take the risk.... I just wouldn't know how I'd cope without it, since even with it under "some" control I am still struggling.

I guess I'll just need to stay positive and take better care of myself.

All these replies have made me much happier and I thank you all!