Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AG123

F-F-FRAXEL TREATMENT

Fraxel is interesting because it works for some people and others see no results at all. I just had my 3rd Fraxel Re:Store treatment and so far I have seen little improvement. Actually, I have developed a staph infection on my chin due to Fraxel. If I were you, I would make sure they prescribe anti virals like Valtrex and Doxycycline a day before your first treatment. Apparently, it will take 6 months before you see results. I plan to post before and after pictures when I am done. Good luck!

hi i was curiosu how long collagen production for fraxel restore to get results is, since like 20% of face is treated each time, does that mean that 20% of dermis takes like 3 months after each treatment?

ag123, your scarring looks like the type that once the redness is gone probably will not bother you x)

ag123, your scarring looks like the type that once the redness is gone probably will not bother you x)

I agree with this, they don't look very sunken atall, epecially considering they are still hyperpigmented!!

You should wait to see if the hyperpigmentation fades. If it has been years and the hyperpigmentation hasn't faded, look into something for removing it. Fraxel isn't needed here IMO.

My guess would be a combination of good, gentle daily cleanser, blemish buster creams (either BP, and/or retina) should take care of this....you don't need fraxel at all.

Save that £750, or maybe just send $50 for my semi-free advice :ninja:

My guess would be a combination of good, gentle daily cleanser, blemish buster creams (either BP, and/or retina) should take care of this....you don't need fraxel at all.

Save that £750, or maybe just send $50 for my semi-free advice :ninja:

Lol.

I get that a lot, people saying my scars arent that bad.

Its just a lot of redness which i need to get rid of.

I will hold off on Fraxel for the time being.

Dans AHA didnt work, so im going for green cream now.

Thanks guys :clap:

50 mj is good dose. but woudl get higher than level 6, which only treats 17% of dermis. best to treat 23-29% level 8-10 of each sesision, and get more of you moneys worth with more of dermis treated.

50 mj is good dose. but woudl get higher than level 6, which only treats 17% of dermis. best to treat 23-29% level 8-10 of each sesision, and get more of you moneys worth with more of dermis treated.

Jack,

Where do you get this info about level/% coverage? I've tried searching for it...but couldn't find it anywhere.

So far I'm quite happy with my 2nd treatment....it's deeper than my 1st...I've always wondered about level VS energy....would it be better to have spot treatment at 70mj level 6...or 50mj at level 6. I'm comfortable with full face at 50mj/level 6 (wide tip) right now although the nurse at one point was going to try 55...but then she backed out....she's quite careful in not wanting my skin to hyperpigment (I'm south east Asian skin fitzpatrick IV)

hey , to be honest unless your scar is really really deep, 50 j works great too.

sicne oyu are asian you are risk of post hyperpigmentation, that is why she is limiting your treatment coverage.

the coverage goes by 3% increments

level 10 is 29% treated, level 9 26%, level 8 [email protected], level 7% 20, level 6 17% etc.

if you are going to have 5 treatments i would try level 7 to get 100% coverage, but not higher with your skin type

hey , to be honest unless your scar is really really deep, 50 j works great too.

sicne oyu are asian you are risk of post hyperpigmentation, that is why she is limiting your treatment coverage.

the coverage goes by 3% increments

level 10 is 29% treated, level 9 26%, level 8 [email protected], level 7% 20, level 6 17% etc.

if you are going to have 5 treatments i would try level 7 to get 100% coverage, but not higher with your skin type

My scars are quite deep...particularly lately because I had chicken pox about two months ago. Too early to tell, but so far after my 2nd treatment five days ago, I noticed that they are a tad softer.

Thanks for the great info on the level...looks like 50-55 mj will be my energy base. I was planning on having 4 treatments, but now I'm going to have 5 (maybe 6)..considering now that my 2nd treatment is kinda my 'first' (because I got my chicken pox a week after my 1st. My nurse told me that I would still get the benefit from the 1st treatment, but I think she's just being nice for saying that).

hey i would do 5 sessions then wait 3 months after your last treatment to see full effect. then proceed what woudl be best for you

One Fraxel Restore won't be enough to see results. Most people need at least 5 treatments then it can take 6 months to see the results of the collagen formation after the last treatment.

One treatment won't give you any noticeable results at all. It's a very slow treatment and the collagen develops over the next 6 months following each treatment.

I actually think you would be a good candidate since you scarring isn't that bad but if you aren't prepared to do at least 5 treatments then I wouldn't bother.