Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SottoVoce

Severely Oily Skin + Blackheads

I've had acne since I was about 9, I'm 22 now. It's gotten better as I'm growing older, but I still can't get rid of the blackheads on my face. They're not really black, a flesh color, but I know they're there, and it seems almost as if every pore on my face has one in it, no matter how many I squeeze out, no matter how many times I wash my face, they come back the next day. I've gone on a sugarless diet, and that cleared up all of my white acne, for the most part. I have such oily skin, that I don't even have to moisturize after using any acne products, and for the most part, I've tried a majority of them. Proactive, Nuetrogena*sp*, etc etc...Anyone have advice for severely Oily skin, aside from a diet change which I've done already?

I have the same problem :( In the past, I've tried eating only vegetables and non oily foods and that sorta helped but it didn't last. I'm also trying to not eat any meat.

I did some research and turns out oily skin helps the face not age as much :D but oily skin is really irritating and embarrassing...

I have the SAME problems as you when it comes to "blackheads". They're in EVERY pore on my face, and most of them are not black in color, but they're still noticeable and, well, gross. Sadly, I haven't found a way to cure them yet, either... maybe if we keep this thread active someone who has cured this type of comedonal acne can give us some insight.

I have the exact same problem.

The only thing that has ever worked for me for oiliness is Diane-35, my god its amazing, but it started to give me horrible migraines so I had to quit. I would suggest trying it because if I could still use it I would. I never had to blot or anything.

Nothin I have ever tried has ever gotten rid of blackheads though, so now Im at square one. Im trying to see if differin works for it, I just started but Ill let you know if it helps.

I have no idea what to do about the oily skin though, if anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it.