Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fungal88

Hi everyone!

Hey guys just wanting to introduce myself. I have been feeling really down about my acne and feel like nothing is helping. I recently began taking Yasmin BCP 17 days exactly to hopefully help with my hormonal breakouts, and am about 1 month and half into a Doxy prescription. But at this point I feel like things have gotten worse. :( I heard about the initial breakout on Yasmin but I was wondering how long? My problem area seems to really be my cheeks that breakout bad. I went to go see my regular Doctor today and she told me she would send for a second opinion from another Dermatologist, maybe to he will prescribe accutane? I will be patient, but I just hate feeling so crapping and having to face the world, my breakout have never been so bad.

Hello and welcome to the org! =)

I'm going to move this to the appropriate forum. You'll receive more responses regarding Yasmin and other BCPs.

Hey guys just wanting to introduce myself. I have been feeling really down about my acne and feel like nothing is helping. I recently began taking Yasmin BCP 17 days exactly to hopefully help with my hormonal breakouts, and am about 1 month and half into a Doxy prescription. But at this point I feel like things have gotten worse. :( I heard about the initial breakout on Yasmin but I was wondering how long? My problem area seems to really be my cheeks that breakout bad. I went to go see my regular Doctor today and she told me she would send for a second opinion from another Dermatologist, maybe to he will prescribe accutane? I will be patient, but I just hate feeling so crapping and having to face the world, my breakout have never been so bad.

Hang on in there fungal88. Both your meds will take a bit of time to work so plod on - I know it is hard. I am about to start Yasmin also. Previous use of diannette BCP worked marvels and I am hoping for the same with Yasmin. From what I have heard it is usually from the second month that results start so you need to hold on a bit longer.

You'll find lots of info on this board regarding BCP so have a good read!

dizzyblonde