Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey, im 15 and i undergo severe acne ive tried EVERYTHING like actually my last resort was BCP's so my doc started me on alesse but i heard they do no gud ive been on it for about 19 day and it didnt do anything rlly my face is somewhat clearer but my body! damn different story i could swear im getting olier and thats not very good cause i have acne everywhere and i need help i thought about taking pills because i thought id be a smarter idea then cleanser and all that because i wanted to work from the inside out and cleanser only work for ur face i wanted something that wud work fo rmy entire body so im looking for what to do...preferebly pills that rlly work it been almost a month on alesse and hasnt rlly done anything so i guess i can stick it out. got any advice? ill be glad to hear it.

hey, im 15 and i undergo severe acne ive tried EVERYTHING like actually my last resort was BCP's so my doc started me on alesse but i heard they do no gud ive been on it for about 19 day and it didnt do anything rlly my face is somewhat clearer but my body! damn different story i could swear im getting olier and thats not very good cause i have acne everywhere and i need help i thought about taking pills because i thought id be a smarter idea then cleanser and all that because i wanted to work from the inside out and cleanser only work for ur face i wanted something that wud work fo rmy entire body so im looking for what to do...preferebly pills that rlly work it been almost a month on alesse and hasnt rlly done anything so i guess i can stick it out. got any advice? ill be glad to hear it.

Hi there

There is a body acne board on this website that will have more advice about body acne - I am sure you will find it helpful to look there.

BCP can help alot - I have heard mixed things about alesse though. The best ones for acne are Diannette and Yasmin(Yaz also). Diannette (Diane 35 in US) is a strong pill though so you won't really want to be on it for long but you could switch to Yasmin after improvement. Again, look through this board and online generally for advice about the best birthcontrol and discuss other options with your doctor. For any BCP you need to give it 2-3 months for improvement to show.

Try and establish a good skin care regime also - this will only help. I use the Paula's Choice products - but again look through this website and you will see many reviewed products and recommendations. Basic rule is to find non=comedogenic products and make sure you moisturise where needed. Avoid harsh drying products. Wash only morning and night.

Good luck

dizzyblonde