Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
eh_UT

What can I eat before taking Accutane?

I am about to start my 3rd month of Accutane after about 2 weeks of being off due to some side effects. I am going to try and do it @ bedtime with food in my stomach (versus first thing in the morning on an empty stomach). I know most people say that it works better when eaten with a fatty meal, so I thought I would just eat a yogurt or drink some 1% milk right before. But then I read some folks on here say NOT to take Accutane with milk but it says so on the Claravis box. It's interesting how my doc didn't have an opinion on Accutane and it's effectiveness when taken with food. I don't want to eat fatty food @ night much less any time of the day so what can I eat right before and increase its effectiveness. Help!

I am about to start my 3rd month of Accutane after about 2 weeks of being off due to some side effects. I am going to try and do it @ bedtime with food in my stomach (versus first thing in the morning on an empty stomach). I know most people say that it works better when eaten with a fatty meal, so I thought I would just eat a yogurt or drink some 1% milk right before. But then I read some folks on here say NOT to take Accutane with milk but it says so on the Claravis box. It's interesting how my doc didn't have an opinion on Accutane and it's effectiveness when taken with food. I don't want to eat fatty food @ night much less any time of the day so what can I eat right before and increase its effectiveness. Help!

i would eat yogurt and then i took it with water...and it worked fine.

I have my single 20mg in the morning whenever I wake up with buttery toast (real butter) no problems here. Also you to do the same at night when i was on 40mg just have a slice of toast at night too.

Don't overthink this; just take it with your main or biggest meal of the day. Drink a full glass of liquid with the tablet.

there is such a thing as good and bad fats. for example, a taco bell mexican pizza would constitute as a BAD fat. good fats: olive oil, peanut butter, avocado, any form of nut: almond, walnut, etc...

you need this fat for the accutane to better absorb into your system, i mean, it even says this if you read the pamphlet your accutane comes with.

http://www.healthcastle.com/goodfats-badfats.shtml