Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FrankY

Take a look

your skin doesnt seem bad at all. nice eyes......

but i dont know anything rolling scars. sorry!

Thanks for comments angel.... on a scale from 1-10 everyone how bad to my rolling scars appear?

Franky. Maybe try needling, and then more smoothbeam. I remember niko saying that, when he went off to Iraq and went back on accutane because of acne remission, the only scars that remained permanently remodeled were the ones that had been needled and then SB'd. And if you're afraid of there being hyperpigmentation from the needling, I'd say look for someone who will zap with you with the vBeam, too, which should take care of that.

You look like Elijah Wood.

Franky, I'd say about a 1.5. You have great looking skin--just a few very shallow scars. I'm so jealous!

Thanks guys.... and haha a lot of people say I look like Elijah Wood but I don't see it too much myself... but whatever :blink:

My scars show up a lil more drastically when my skin is dried out and stuff... The smoothbeam worked pretty good but I can def say some of the improvements faded since last summer and that I only had 4 treatments done... I want to get more.. But I am not sure if that would even do anything. My face can also no longer tolerate vinegar???!!! Odd, vinegar used to make my skin to greatr looking... now.. It just kills it....

Also, thanks for the 1.5 - 2 votes but I tend to think Im more along a 4 or maybe even 5 at time.. but I guess we are all our worst critics...

PS - Has anyone had needling done from Frank at transitions? I cant have much downtime and I think u have to stay inside for like a week no?

franky,

I'd say you get subscision followed by smoothbeam. You're scars are probably tethered down and need to be released before the smoothbeam can really stimulate the collagen and leveling process.

I was thinking about subcisison.... but isnt there a chance of further scarring with that? I'm thinking needling might be a better idea for me...

I see the Elijah resemblence, It really stands out to me!

But I would have to agree with everyone else, the scars are minimal!

Hahah you guys make me laugh!!! As for my scars suiting me.... I never thought of looking it that way, hmm, being OK with not being "perfect" this is something I think most acne scar sufferers never consider. I never evere veer looked at the imperfections on my face as a possible addition to my looks. Anyway tho, thanks for the comments guys as they have upped my self esteem... smile.gif

And Im confused about that Rocky post haha are you saying I look like Sylvester Stallone (LOVE the dude, my fave actor...) or that I should go back to hollywood and play Rocky as Elijah Wood? hahaha

On a side not last wednesday I went into NYC to start another set of 6 smoothbeam sessions as I really do beleive they help. I saw Dr Amy Lewis on Park Ave. and East 75th st. She seemes much more knowlegeable than the doctopr I saw last year and she REALLY zapped they hell outta my face and then had me hold ice packs on both cheeks for like 20 mins... I looked completely fine afterwards!!! smile.gif I hope I can get a lil more improvement and then I think I'll be ok... Im gonna post some more pics soon...