Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Drache

The cause is gluten- or yeast sensitivity!

Hi everybody,

I'm a 20 years old guy and I was on Roaccutan five years ago. Before Roa, my whole face, my shoulders, my back, and my chest was full of pimples. With Roa, I became 100% clear but this year, since february I've got more and more pimples so my face, back and chest have looked constantly pretty bad. (red pimples, wounds and hyperpigmentation). :cry:

I tried to trace the cause, so I tried to eat nothing but maize, bacon, peanut and apples. My face cleared up 90% in one week!! :dance: I noticed, that dairy and bread broke me out very bad, so I looked after some interesting writings on the internet about the connection between gluten-intolerance and acne and it makes sense. I ate some potato chips, which says on the packaging, that it contains Gluten. On the following day I broke out... for three days. After these three days, my pimples disappeared.

Sausage breakes me out a little bit, though it doesnt contains Gluten (by the ingredientlist on the packaging), so I was confused and I looked after some another common components in bread and sausage. I found the yeast, because there's yeast in the bread and milk-yeast in the sausage I ate.

The day before yesterday, my face was relatively clear, so I drank one glass of wine (contains yeast) and ate four loaves of wheat flour (gluten). Such a huge surprise: yesterday I broke out...

And the fact that there's both yeast and gluten in bread, makes this situation more complicated.

I found some infos about yeast allergy on the internet, but not so much and im curious, which component cause my acne: gluten or yeast? (beside dairy) :think: Omg... this could be a detective-story...

Just one more thing; this year i experienced constant colds/chills, larger discolorations around old pimples (and they don't want to disappear), headaches, a little bit oily skin but with a dry-feeling, constant fatigue, visual blurring (at nights) and a very enjoyable two-weeks long indigestion. Maybe they can also indicate some kind of a food-allergy.

Thanks for all future ideas and suggestions. :pray:

And sorry for my bad english, im "just" a european :)

Hi!

I believe I have gluten-intolerance, I eat a LOT of bread and pasta and my skin is very oily and I break out often but in inconsistent patterns.

I am also seemingly lactose intolerant, but I can yogurt. But cheese breaks me out, and milk gives me stomach problems.

So now I have to avoid all gluten, and I am starting tomorrow, so I'll keep you updated with how it goes. It's my last recourse, I have really tried everything except accutane.

If I eat a bag of chips my skin gets "hot" and oily and I break out. I often feel like my skin is itchy especially when it feels oily, so it may be some sort of allergy.

We'll see. I recommend to try and visit gluten-free diet websites, so you can figure out what not to eat. Also, try to keep your drinks (only water really) separated from your meals. Like, between breakfast and lunch, and between lunch and dinner, to let your stomach digest properly.

Good luck!

I must say that i just hope that it's yeast allergy, because it's easier to avoid than gluten :( and the pimples caused by sausage dont make sense. They didnt say that teheres wheat or gluten in this product. I heard also that with gluten intolerance, the healing is lingering, not just a week. But no problem, we will find out, whats the problem. We must... I cant live a normal life with pimples...

I forget to say that when my face will be bad, my skin gets very dry in some... hmm... intime places of my body. I cant understand this whole thing. :S

I wish you good luck to find your main cause, and I think, that acne is an allergy in many peoples! Keep posted, please! :D

And i hate those acne-legends, that peanut, oil, meat and soap cause acne! Bullshit! My mother always told me that, and these explanations were false!

I tried to separate drinks from meals for a week, but it didnt worked for me. Maybe I will try it with a gluten-free diet. :) Thanks for this idea.

And one more thing, your lactose-intolerance is maybe caused by gluten intolerance. I heard about this once, and a writing said, that when you eat gluten-free, in two month, your lactose-intolerance will say goodbye. :) I will link it, if I found...

I think sometimes, that I'm cursed. :)

Hehe yeah I feel the same too, acne is like a bad joke on your life:p

It's difficult to avoid gluten, because I love bread and pasta, and it means I will have to often skip on food if I'm going out; no hamburger (because of the bun), no pizza, etc. People will think I'm trying to avoid fat, like a girl:p Also it means no beer. People are really judgmental about this, it's stupid. But whatever, I don't care, I just want to get rid of this acne.

Anyway, haven't consumed any know source of gluten today. I'll have to do this for a month before I can draw any conclusions.

To the OP and other posters; please read up on the science behind the Specific Carbohydrate Diet (SCD for short). Gluten may be your answer, but it's vital you understand what it can do to your intestines as well as your intestinal flora and nutritional status. It took me a while to finally get around to reading it, but it's quite eye-opening and has honestly changed my life and skin for the better.

To the OP and other posters; please read up on the science behind the (SCD for short). Gluten may be your answer, but it's vital you understand what it can do to your intestines as well as your intestinal flora and nutritional status. It took me a while to finally get around to reading it, but it's quite eye-opening and has honestly changed my life and skin for the better.

Thanks, I red this, but I must say that I dont think that microbes cause my acne, rather an allergy to a protein it can be found in yeast or gluten. And when I dont eat bred, I can eat much rices, potatoes and corn and I dont break out. And these foods contains also very much carbohydrates.

Anyway, haven't consumed any know source of gluten today. I'll have to do this for a month before I can draw any conclusions.

You must see the results in five days.

But there are some rules, that I noticed. You must drink much water and do some exercise or run or something whereby your metabolism speeds up, and you will sweat. When you sweat, your skin lets off some unusual stuffs (for example gluten).

At the first sweat, my skin immediately gets worse, but then it goes better and the whole healing process is faster. Maybe therefore think many people, that sweat worsens their pimples. It just brings out the harmful stuffs. Trust me... I experienced this.

hi

I just wanted to add that food allergys are common!

i had mild acne but persistant for last 10 ys on and off! nothing really worked! it may of done for while but they always came back!

finally couple of months ago i was told about wheat and dairy causing acne by my friend and i read heaps about it online and on here! so i decided to cut themout. first wheat for couple of wks which was hard and didnt do anything! then i cut out dairy and straight away i saw a difference! im still palying around with what i can have but i know i can milk or cheese but luckily i can still have milk choc!! woo!

its hard giving it all up as i love cheese sandwiches and pizza but its worth it all for clear skin!

so dont give up, try your best to cut it out and you will see the difference!

good luck!

Hehe yeah I feel the same too, acne is like a bad joke on your life:p

It's difficult to avoid gluten, because I love bread and pasta, and it means I will have to often skip on food if I'm going out; no hamburger (because of the bun), no pizza, etc. People will think I'm trying to avoid fat, like a girl:p Also it means no beer. People are really judgmental about this, it's stupid. But whatever, I don't care, I just want to get rid of this acne.

You know you can have beer made from maize, like Sol or Corona?

hi

I just wanted to add that food allergys are common!

i had mild acne but persistant for last 10 ys on and off! nothing really worked! it may of done for while but they always came back!

finally couple of months ago i was told about wheat and dairy causing acne by my friend and i read heaps about it online and on here! so i decided to cut themout. first wheat for couple of wks which was hard and didnt do anything! then i cut out dairy and straight away i saw a difference! im still palying around with what i can have but i know i can milk or cheese but luckily i can still have milk choc!! woo!

its hard giving it all up as i love cheese sandwiches and pizza but its worth it all for clear skin!

so dont give up, try your best to cut it out and you will see the difference!

good luck!

Hallo,

and how about sausages and alcoholic beverages, and yeast? Try these also, I'll do always this.

To the OP and other posters; please read up on the science behind the (SCD for short). Gluten may be your answer, but it's vital you understand what it can do to your intestines as well as your intestinal flora and nutritional status. It took me a while to finally get around to reading it, but it's quite eye-opening and has honestly changed my life and skin for the better.

Thanks, I red this, but I must say that I dont think that microbes cause my acne, rather an allergy to a protein it can be found in yeast or gluten. And when I dont eat bred, I can eat much rices, potatoes and corn and I dont break out. And these foods contains also very much carbohydrates.

SCD's not entirely about bacteria; it gets into what gluten does to your GI tract and how it can hamper your absorptive capabilities, etc. It's a good read that will, if nothing else, hopefully give you a good solid understanding and reason to stay away at least from gluten-containing grains. If you do well with non-gluten grains then you're very fortunate and keep doing what works for you.

So far so good, face is clearing up, no new pimples. Less energy of course, but this is like when I tried the paleo diet (which is similar to no gluten in a way), which is expected for a few days.

No dairy either except yogurt.

So far so good, face is clearing up, no new pimples. Less energy of course, but this is like when I tried the paleo diet (which is similar to no gluten in a way), which is expected for a few days.

No dairy either except yogurt.

im glad that you will be clear, i hope that for Saturday i'll be also clear. :D but if i'll be clear, i will try immediately two glasses of wine. Less energy isnt "of course", because you can get much energy from banana, corn (maize), peanut, rice and potato. Im full of energy. :)

Okay, so dairy breaks me out, its horrible... My skin is dry, but oily and sometimes itchy. It's a real curse. Mainly the cheese and cottage-chesse ist the worst. Hm... Is there any yeast in cheese and other dairies? Maybe that would be the main cause!!

Why is it gluten or yeast sensitivity. Isn't it entirely possible that you are sensitive to both?

Maybe, maybe not... Yes, i know that it is possible, that somebody is sensitive to many foods. But, dairy, gluten and yeast? This is such a combination, with I can't eat the most foods. At home it's possible to cook something without these foods, but with friends or somewhere in restaurants... its very hard to avoid foods that contain these elements... :confused:

And i hate those acne-legends, that peanut, oil, meat and soap cause acne! Bullshit! My mother always told me that, and these explanations were false!

Peanut is a common allergy, vegetable oils can cause acne, fatty meat can cause acne if eaten with carbohydrates, soap breaks me out personally.

Why is it gluten or yeast sensitivity. Isn't it entirely possible that you are sensitive to both?

Maybe, maybe not... Yes, i know that it is possible, that somebody is sensitive to many foods. But, dairy, gluten and yeast? This is such a combination, with I can't eat the most foods. At home it's possible to cook something without these foods, but with friends or somewhere in restaurants... its very hard to avoid foods that contain these elements... :confused:

I think it is very possible to be sensitive all three. And I know it could cause some major inconvenience.

But if you look at many of the diets on the internet that deal with digestive disorders such as dysbiosis, yeast overgrowth, leaky gut many of them omit these three things.