Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alfoxo

2 red mark issues I'm having

Hey guys.

I've got a red mark on my right cheek that is rather strange. I had a pretty big zit there in January, it was really embarrassing. The zit was gone by mid-February and left me the lovely red mark. I would say the next month went well, it looked as if it was fading normally. Then one day, I felt it throbbing there where the red mark was and figured I was getting another zit underneath it...ugh. Since then, it's been slightly raised on my cheek (it's definitely not flat), so it kinda looks like a pimple. It feels like there's a small pool of blood under the mark, and it changes colors when I smile (turns more red). I also discovered that whenever I lay down with my legs propped up over my body, blood will pool up in that area and it will get really red, throb, and inflamed. But once I sit up for a few hours it will dissipate to the annoying pimple-looking red mark. It just doesn't seem to be going away and I wonder if I should go to a derm about it.

I also have a red mark just under my mouth that has been there for 2 years, at least. It doesn't appear to be fading at all, could this be permanent?

Thanks for any input.