Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forever16

WHY IS THIS NOT WORKING??!!

Soo anyways I have had acne for bout a year now and just a couple of months ago i decided to start eating healthy to see if maybe my mild acne was caused my diet..now i have to admit it has helped a little in the past but Now im breaking out like fckn crazy on my left side and i am afraid my mild acne might get worse...0_o Im like REAALLLYY scared!!

But anyways if im breaking out, is this a sign that i am practically starving allll the time (I can never find any foods that r ok with meh) For NOTHING!??

So maybe i should just give up this worthless charade and conclude that my acne is caused by my harmones and Nothing else....

I dont know... any advice on where i should take this??

Im getting really depressed bout my acne and I dont Know y i should make myself suffer more by not being able to eat like everyone else...

It sucks when my mom asks meh if i want to go out for ice cream and i have to say no:(

I really feel like shit"(

Are you serious?? You think eating healthy is starving yourself??

And you think if you just give up that its gonna get any better??

Come on! Grow up!

Go to the bloody supermarket and get fruits and veggies and every whole food (not in a box, not pre-processed) that you can find. Cook dinner every day and snack on fruit, drink ONLY water and don't even be tempted by one cookie or one energy drink, it'l send things spiraling.

Also, EAT! Eat HEAPS of healthy food! I've never heard of anything where starving yourself is beneficial. Want something better than water?? Get a SodaStream and then make your own soda water, and just add FRESH lemon juice, not their syrups where sugar is a base.

Educate yourself and cut out ANY junk..

Also, wash twice a day (once in the shower) with cleanser (i add savlon to mine, BRILLIANT!!) and moisturize within 2-3 minutes with a basic moisturizer.

Ice cream aint that bad btw, just get plain old vanilla, not too often, and make sure you don't get worsened acne by milk products.

Are you serious?? You think eating healthy is starving yourself??

And you think if you just give up that its gonna get any better??

Come on! Grow up!

Go to the bloody supermarket and get fruits and veggies and every whole food (not in a box, not pre-processed) that you can find. Cook dinner every day and snack on fruit, drink ONLY water and don't even be tempted by one cookie or one energy drink, it'l send things spiraling.

Also, EAT! Eat HEAPS of healthy food! I've never heard of anything where starving yourself is beneficial. Want something better than water?? Get a SodaStream and then make your own soda water, and just add FRESH lemon juice, not their syrups where sugar is a base.

Educate yourself and cut out ANY junk..

Also, wash twice a day (once in the shower) with cleanser (i add savlon to mine, BRILLIANT!!) and moisturize within 2-3 minutes with a basic moisturizer.

Ice cream aint that bad btw, just get plain old vanilla, not too often, and make sure you don't get worsened acne by milk products.

have you cured your acne with your diet ?

With a change in diet your body is being given the chance to expel some unwanted toxins.

Don't give up on the good diet, short term you'll break out, but stick with it, you will definetly clear up (easier said than done, I know).

hey there..

I agree with AcniBoi & Ally.. Eating healthy food will do no harm to you.. Just try and eat more n more fresh food.. like fruits, vegetables... Dont eat junk food.. I dont think ice cream once in a while will do anything to your skin.. Also give your body enough time to go with the change happening in your diet.. At first you may feel its not working.. But continue with it you'll see great results!!

By the way I had asked my Derm if diet plays any role in acne.. N she told me not really.. Unless you have bad eating habits.. Good diet wont only show improvement in your skin but also in your overall health!!!

All the best!!

With a change in diet your body is being given the chance to expel some unwanted toxins.

Don't give up on the good diet, short term you'll break out, but stick with it, you will definetly clear up (easier said than done, I know).

waht do you mean by 'toxins'

As the others have already said, eating healthy isn't going to hurt you and will only do good, but that depends on what you consider eating healthy.

Starvation =/= healthy eating habits. If you're constantly hungry then you aren't eating healthy. And remember, what you eat may also have an affect on your hormones.

Are you staying away from white breads, rice and pastas of any sort? Are you only sparingly eating healthy whole grains? Avoiding tons of dairy (milk, cheese..etc) Are you eating lots of veggies and fruits? Well, actually some fruits may trigger acne in some people..i.e. oranges and bananas. I had to give up my daily banana because I found it was breaking me out. Are you avoiding excess sugars? This also includes sweets and foods labeled "light." You also may want to drink purely water, perhaps a little green tea. I drink half a cup of instant coffee in the morning, but no more. Eat plenty of fiber and make sure to get your necessary vitamins and minerals.

I'm not sure you've provided enough information for us to fully help as I am uncertain what your diet currently consists of, but even if eating right doesn't, at first, show skin improvement, it's still worth persisting with. How old are you? If you're still really young, it could very well be sex hormones, but even still, eating a healthy diet, not a starvation one, should help balance it out.

It may take a few months for your body to fully get into the swing of things.

No, I have not cured my acne. But I have come close many times, and always been tempted by some McDonalds or energy drinks etc which have screwed it up.

I'm back on track though :)

No, I have not cured my acne. But I have come close many times, and always been tempted by some McDonalds or energy drinks etc which have screwed it up.

I KNOW!! I Had for the FIRST time In 3 MONTHS 20 french fries EXACTLY and they did NOTHING to my skin.. But i did only eat fruit and salad afterwards so maybe it has something to do with it???

Well Any ways Im back on track and i am still hungry...

It is also Very hard for meh to get the foods i need becuz I have a family that my mom has to provide for..Well just me her and my sis but we have lonestar and that has a limit on it soo its hard But my mom is supportive (plus she doesnt like to see me starve to death so she agreed to take me to a health food sore which is like frekin 30-45 minutes away!!

Soo..ill get some food then:)

I KNOW!! I Had for the FIRST time In 3 MONTHS 20 french fries EXACTLY and they did NOTHING to my skin.. But i did only eat fruit and salad afterwards so maybe it has something to do with it???

Well Any ways Im back on track and i am still hungry...

Except in the case of food intolerances, it takes a steady diet of crap for it to impact your skin noticeably.

Also, there's no reason to be hungry on a healthy diet. If you are hungry, you are not on track.

You don't need anything from a health food store. Don't waste your mother's money. They sell produce, legumes, spices, tea, chicken, fish, etc in your local supermarket. Ideally, a lot of things should be organic, local and fresh, which they also sell in a lot of local ordinary supermarkets, but if you can't afford it, just buy real food and quit the processed crap.