Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

anyone else seriously depressed with scars and mirrors

silly question really. anyone else look in a mirror and think there treatment is going well! then goes out or sees a mirror somewhere else and see themselves and realises its no different or infact worse! god i hat this shit oh well ill put a lol at then end to try and cheer me up lol

yes me too. i cant help looking into mirrors checking my acne scars at home, school, shopping malls, even reflection from car windows, etc. and sometimes it looks better sometimes it looks worse!!!!!! it uses up my time and my brain glucose!!!!!

i try not to look or it puts me in a bad and depressed mood all day, i know alot of people have worse and i feel for them but it still depresses me. light is my main enemy!

i feel u. i force myself to NOT look or i'm in a bad mood for the rest of the day. im no fun to be around when im in a bad mood, so for the sake of those around me, i don't look in reflections.

i know it sounds silly but i cant help but think about it as im doing treatments so im always trying to look with the light to see results. im seeing some improvments anyway touch wood!

I just had to respond to this because I do the same shit all the time! lol I will look in one mirror and be like hey things are looking up, then look in another mirror and wished I hadn't. But right now my face looks so horrible I hate to look in any mirror. Ive never been so broken out before, this sucks but im trying to stay positve and hope that the bcp's im on and the antibiotics will work. Even though I feel things are worse, and if this continues I will finally just go on accutane. Im so sick of putting up with this horrible skin.

whats even worse is when you find more! shit is depressing me!

I second that. I look into the mirror to check out my horrid scars in the morning and try to avoid the mirror in the day in case i catch a glimpse of my scars

maybe get some hypnotherapy done then maybe i can get on with my life

wow. I had to reply to this.

I too do this all the time.

seems like the light in my bathroom makes me look flawless

or close to it and then i leave the house and in good spirits till i find another mirror and im like WTF?? so THAT'S what i really look like??? it sucks! i don't like looking in a mirror without makeup

especially now with all the scars i have :cry: oh! BTW...does anyone know about Dermaplaning??? will it work for all scars???