Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jsrogersro5

Is there a way to dry and get rid of big under the skin acne

Hey guys, have any of you figured out a way to dry up and shrink those big under the skin acne? The kind that doesn't get a white head? They are just kinda bumpy red spots....

Would putting a glob of BP on them help?

That is called a cyst by the way and I dont know if there is any good way of getting rid of them besides going to the dermatologist and having him inject it with cortisone or whatever is in that needle of his. I will say this, you dont want to queeze it or it will only make it worse. Maye putting an ice cube on it every day for a while would help, i might try that.

let me tell you about this cyst i have. i got it a couple months ago and went to the derm so she could get rid of it. she drained it by pricking it and squeezing the stuff out of it and it went away although it left somewhat of a mark. 3 weeks later the same damn pimple comes back. i go to the derm a second time and this time she injects it with cortizone. the next day i wake up and the pimple is still there! the worst part of this all is that the pimple is in the worst place possible right under my nose and it is very noticeable. i don't know what the hell to do. i might have to go to the derm for a third time because the bastard won't go away. i'm even considering skipping school until i can get rid of the thing. i'm going to call my derm now. any suggestions on what else i can do?

sometimes i dab washing up liquid on a zit or pimple to dry it up, or even scrape a bit of soap onto a cotton bud or clean finger nail and dab on to a spot it drys in about 20-30 mins u may need to apply soap a couple of times. usually best if u r at home u dont wanna go out with soap on face lol not sure if this will work for a cyst though good luck

cystic acne is a bitch. I used to have tons on my cheeks.

Then I went on accutane for a while and drank lots of ginseng tea, and most of it went away. I still get a few here and there and they piss me off!

I find that getting lots of rest tends to lead to less growth of cystic acne.

Chris123, I bought the Helene Masque at Wal-Mart after reading many good posts about it. Since I started using it I haven't gotten one new pimple and it's been about 1 1/2 weeks.

Freddie1977, my acne right now is mild. I started out using the mask every other night and spot treatment every night but that became to drying for my face. I now use it about once or twice a week all over my face. I saw results in less then a week but the mask doesn't help any healing of red marks so I'm still trying to work on that. At least it helps prevent new red marks.