Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MissAngie

The College Life: Pizza, Beer...oh, and Accutane

Congratulations on getting promoted Angie! : )

Glad Disneyland was fun! Ahh I can't wait 'til my boyfriend and I go in May, we go around the time that prom is.

Gee, my heels have been hurting too, as well as my lower back!

Well I'm SO glad that your skin is looking great : ) so happy for you!

Things will only continue to impove!

Best wishes<3

Congratulations on your promotion, and having clear skin! I am a disney fanatic and have never been to Disney Land or Disney World, so I am super jealous I have ALWAYS wanted to go! Hope your body pains go away soon, and I get the nose bleeds and the gross dried up blood that hurts too, it sucks.

Day 133:

Hey guys!

Skin is great. Still get a couple small things here or there on my chest. Nothing I fret over.

My appt. last week went quickly as usual, lol. She said this is my last month, 80mg. I asked if I am still breaking out, could I continue a little more and she said yes but at a smaller dose. Like 40mg for another month or maybe for a couple weeks. I will definitely be doing that! She'll be out of town for my next appt. so hopefully the derma who will be seeing me will give me a full month.

My feet hurt so bad after work/school. Nosebleeds continue, I feel like shit all day long.

I'm pretty stressed out. School is stressful all on its own and with 40+ hours of work a week, I don't know how I'm going to pull out my usual 4.0. I go in to work early to get things done off the clock, so I'm losing sleep. I can't wait for this semester to be over!

My skin is really delicate right now. I will look down at my hands at work and a new gash is open and bleeding copiously. Customers are always concerned, lol. There's nothing much I can do...

Had a glass of wine the other night without eating much that day and got a buzz. Was very unexpected and unwelcome, as I needed to focus on homework!

I'll update sooner than I did last time. If I can find some time!

BRAINEY: Hi, welcome to the Org. Good luck with your Accutane equivalent, you'll be happy when it's all over.

ItalianBoy: If you read the drug information that comes in the box, alcohol is not mentioned anywhere. So alcohol is fine while on Accutane.

I would say the inability to sleep and the ensuing exhaustion messes with your concentration, not the actual ingestion of the pill. You'll be fine.

Deadmau5: I sleep barely four hours a night and work 10 hours a day plus school. I'm exhausted and want to tear my hair out, but here I am with clear skin and I couldn't be happier. I was hoping you would continue on the Accutane, but to each his own. Just think about it: being tired for a few months so you can have clear skin seems like a no-brainer to me.

wide_eyed: Hello dahling!! Yes, I am seriously dying over here...I highly suggest nothing more than part-time while a student!

I'm guessing the heel pain is due to the weight of your body pushing down on them all day. Exhaustion is very common, so I can see the relation. Whatever the cause, it sucks!

kimberly_ann: Hey girl! Loooove Disney, I can't wait to go back! May is a fun time to go, too. Heel pain is weird, huh? I haven't checked your log in a while, but what I remember is you are seeing improvement! Yay! Check you later. :dance:

JulyBaby86: Thanks!! Yes, you need to go to Disney ASAP. You will be changed for life. Seriously.

Yes, dried blood hurts so bad. Gross, too. :think:

Edited by MissAngie

Hi there, MissAngie. I'm sorry to hear that you "feel like shit all day long" and that you're having trouble sleeping. School and a full-time job - I can't imagine! You must be a pretty amazing person to pull all that off.

I hope that you're able to finish your course soon so that you can start feeling better. <3

Day 145:

Just a quick update.

I'm recovering from a nasty bout of the flu, so just letting you guys know I'm still alive! Skin is wonderful, even though I haven't taken pills for a few days due to the flu.

Will post more soon, guys. :cool:

Day 150:

I can't believe I've been on Accutane for so long! The time truly flies, especially as it took place in summer mostly. That's probably a good piece of advice: try to start Accutane during the summer, because summer always flies by!

Skin is awesome. I have an appt. coming up, but I honestly can't remember the date. It's either next Tuesday or the one after.

My feet have been peeling all over. It's a sight to see. On the bright side, my arms are now smooth and haven't had any dry patches in a while. My nose is less dry thank god...the dryness was pretty painful.

I do still get nosebleeds, but they never bother me. I feel like I sleep a little better and I'm not as exhausted.

I haven't really been drinking lately as my schedule is pretty crazy. My diet is pretty up and down, depending on my schedule. Sometimes it's pretty helathy and other times it's not so good. My libido is on a down curve at the moment. I'm pretty stressed, and when I'm stressed, I can't get in the mood!

On a high note, New Moon comes out in 7 days!!! And Ryland and I are going to Disneyland that day and then we're seeing New Moon later that night. Best day ever!!

George's Sister: I don't know if I'm amazing, but I am a crazy workaholic! Good news is I am feeling better. Hope you are well!

Day 150:

I can't believe I've been on Accutane for so long! The time truly flies, especially as it took place in summer mostly. That's probably a good piece of advice: try to start Accutane during the summer, because summer always flies by!

Skin is awesome. I have an appt. coming up, but I honestly can't remember the date. It's either next Tuesday or the one after.

My feet have been peeling all over. It's a sight to see. On the bright side, my arms are now smooth and haven't had any dry patches in a while. My nose is less dry thank god...the dryness was pretty painful.

I do still get nosebleeds, but they never bother me. I feel like I sleep a little better and I'm not as exhausted.

I haven't really been drinking lately as my schedule is pretty crazy. My diet is pretty up and down, depending on my schedule. Sometimes it's pretty helathy and other times it's not so good. My libido is on a down curve at the moment. I'm pretty stressed, and when I'm stressed, I can't get in the mood!

On a high note, New Moon comes out in 7 days!!! And Ryland and I are going to Disneyland that day and then we're seeing New Moon later that night. Best day ever!!

George's Sister: I don't know if I'm amazing, but I am a crazy workaholic! Good news is I am feeling better. Hope you are well!

heyyy,

glad you're doing great on accutane. r u doing a 6th month now?

Day 155:

Just had my appointment today and I am going to do one more month at 80mg a day. I had to see a diff derma as mine is at a seminar this month and I was shocked that she let me do 80mg. My derma was only planning on letting me wean off on 40mg, but I was like sign me up!

I feel like this extra month will really push my chances of having no remission into a good place. And I handle Accutane so well that it's no bid deal. It's honestly become just like popping a vitamin every day. I don't even think about it anymore.

Today my Bio Lab took a field trip to Balboa Park and the weather was beautiful. I was standing in the sun feeling amazing. So many people had bad skin and I was just there with this amazing flawless skin. It's such a 180 from a year ago. Actually wanting my face in the sun! Having people compliment my skin is such a booster. Its unbelievable how clear skin makes you feel.

I still have some redness, so I still have to wear makeup. I can't wait until I'm off and the redness goes away. When I was sick, I didn't have any pills for a few days and my skin was even and had no redness. Can't wait for that.

Even though I have one more month to go, I just want to thank all the people who have ever viewed my log and/or offered words of encouragement when things have been up and down. You all really made this a bearable experience, and I highly encourage anyone even considering Accutane to go for it!

toomuchaccutane: Yep, I'm going to do one more month at 80mg. I'm happy about that! After I finish, I will have totaled 193mg/kg roughly. Thanks for stopping by!

Having people compliment my skin is such a booster. Its unbelievable how clear skin makes you feel.

I know what you mean! I got my first skin compliment the other day. One of my classmates was like "your skin is glowing today...it's so beautiful." I honestly didn't know how to react so I told myself to accept the compliment and say thank you. Part of me wanted to tell my whole story of having had such bad skin for the last 10 years and finally finding a medication that worked.

Congrats on getting another month of 80mg!!

Angie,

It's so nice to see you're doing well. I'm glad the new derm let you do another month! I would be all for it, too! Anything to keep it from coming back.

Remember a while back I stopped taking birth control? I was on Yaz. As soon as I stopped taking it I was seeing articles everywhere about how many health complaints were filed by ladies taking Yaz. I guess that could have been any medication, though.

Anyway, I was curious how you're doing off the pill.

I hope things only continue to get better : )

Hey Angie,

It's been awhiiile. I moved to Nova Scotia with my ex boyfriend and didn't have a computer. Rotten. Hah, anyways just read your last post. So happy for you that your skin is clear. Mine is too, for the most part.. I have red marks and my pores are hugee, also still getting the occasional little pimple, but I'm still on 40mg/day. I'm going to see the doctor on Monday to see if I can up that to 80mg for the last two months. I'm kinda nervous though, because I don't want my skin to break out for the holidays, which will probably happen with the dosage increase. Ah well, the price to having clear skin I guess! : ) Take care!