Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doodles19

Regimen supplies in Japan?

Hi all!

Would anyone be able to tell me if Regimen supplies are available in Japan? I'll be moving there (Kanagawa prefecture) in August...

I use Dan's bp gel (which I've ordered 10 bottles of, so I'm good for bp). I also use Basis sensitive skin bar, and Eucerin Skin Renewal.

Thanks in advance for any feedback, and sorry if this question's been answered elsewhere...did a search and came up with nada. B)

doooooooooooodles! You're moving there the same time as me! wink.gif

If I were you (us), I'd just stock up on year's supply worth of stuff. I just hope that they allow us to carry all those things (health food stuff too) across to Japan. user posted image

P.S. I believe that http://www.bigdaikon.com is the messageboard for foreign teachers in Japan. Oh wait...did you tell me that?? :unsure::lol:

Heehee hey!!! jc!! biggrin.gif We be goin' to Japan soon!!! woohoo!

Yeah...I think I ought to take my supplies with me...from what I understand, customs allows us to take a max of 24 pieces per type of product, so shouldn't be a problem. Was just trying to strategize suitcase space!!

(If you wear disposable contacts tho, it's another story. boo!)

Where are your going jc? (Prefecture, city/town?) tongue.gif

from what I understand, customs allows us to take a max of 24 pieces per type of product

Hi doodles!

Ya, I got your PM. Merci! You know what though? I think that I've been SHAFTED to Kagawa prefecture. The smallest prefecture in Japan!!!! LOL At first I thought that it was the same as yours too. Sounds alike doesn't it?

I really hope that we can bring a good supply. If not, we can just get them mailed over to us or something. Cheerio!

Thanks for the link Doodles! I was having a tough time finding stuff on Kagawa as it is. I don't know if I'll be ending up there, but we'll see. I'll keep you posted. smile.gif

Doodles! I just came back from my library and I picked up a 'Business Companion' on learning Japanese with an audio CD. Fun fun! I SUCK! :lol:

Ogenki desu ka? smile.gif

Jc-san-e,

Okagesama deshita!! Jc-san wa?

Watashi wa nihongo ga mada joozu ni hanasemasen.

My Japanese is still not good yet.

Watashi wa gokiburi ga daikirai desu.

I hate cockroaches. :ph34r:

hehehehe. That was part of my intro yesterday in class. (I'm taking immersion right now).

Happy studying!!!

Ja ne!

doodles biggrin.gif

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!! shock.gif

Show off. :hand:

wink.gif

Hey doodles...I just went to my university convocation...and boy was it a biddy. lol

Hahahah :lol: !

That is absolutely nothing. I will be in big doggy poop when I get to Japan. At least you don't have a 100% Japanese name. Ppl are going to think i'm mentally slooooowww....

Congrats on convocating!!! Did you take lots of pics? Hope you had fun. What's a biddy? Is that Torontonian for.....funny? I haven't a clue...sorry!! :huh:

Congrats again!!

doodlez biggrin.gif

LOL! That's how I felt like when I went to China! They were like...you're a Chinese, but you can't speak Chinese? At least this time I'll have an excuse.

Thanks! Actually, I only took a few pics. I'd rather take pictures of other people. That way, I'm behind the camera. wink.gif

I just faxed my diploma to Japan too, so hopefully everything works out ok. ja ne! :blink:

Hey JC!

How are your preparations for Japan coming along?

I wanted to ask your opinion...I still can't find Eucerin Renewal annyyywhere in Vancouver (and so far the skin renewal one is working well for me). I tried to order it on drugstore.com, but they don't ship to canada. So...i went to the thread we had on Eucerin R. back on the Canadian forum where a poster suggested Shopinprivate.com. Shipping to my Vancouver addy would be about $12 USD. I was thinking of getting...well...six bottles or so...but any idea whether the expiry date for these bottles will be set far enough? (say, at least a year, if not a year and a half?) Do I call and ask?

Then there's the option of shipping it to Japan to save luggage space. It costs about $30 USD to ship there though.

What do you think? Are you bringing a year's worth of coconut oil?

doodles =)

Hey Doodles!

My preparations are not so good! I'm still trying to find ways to scrounge enough money for my initial stay in Japan...and I don't even have my plane ticket yet!!! shock.gif All in due time.

If you want to find out the expiry dates, then you should definitely try to give them a call. If it's in the states, you can easily find a calling plan that only costs like 4 cents a minute. If I were you, I'd just bring it somehow. OR...you can send some money to some trusted board members in the states, and perhaps they can help you with it?

Are you bringing a year's worth of coconut oil?

hey guys, I'm half-Japanese and I used to live in Japan for awhile - actually, I'm only here in the US for college, then I plan to go back to Tokyo.

In any case, when I was last living there in Tokyo around 1999, I can say that you cannot buy BP anywhere. If you visit a drugstore, the acne medicines are all sulfur or ibuprofen based. This was in Tokyo, mind you, so I'd imagine a prefecture in the farm lands might have less of a choice. Things may have changed however, but this is just from my experience. So if I were you, yes, I would indeed stock up as much as you can!

For that matter, vitamins and other supplements are extremely expensive there as well, so if you use those for your regimen, I'd look into some kind of supplies for those. However, they don't have as long a shelf-life as BP, so you may have to resort to international shipping...or just get relatives to buy them for you. smile.gif

Hi,

I'm a Canadian living in Japan for over 3 years. I'd like to warn you that you will have GREAT difficutly finding any skincare products here that you recognize from home. I was quite shocked. I expected to find that all things American would be imported and found everywhere. Not so. So I suggest you bring everything you need from home.

As for importing them, I'd say you can bring as much of anything that you want - execpt for alchohol and tabacco. I've NEVER once been stopped at customs - I just say "no tobacco, no alchohol" and they let me through. They only care that you are bringing stuff for your consumption, and no single item over the equivalent of $2000US!!!

Be prepared!

Thanks kuvars and colly1 for the info!!!

When I went to China for a year, I didn't have much of a regimen, but strangely enough, my skin was pretty good. Perhaps it was the local cuisine and environment.

Did you find the same for you while in Japan?

Well, from my experience, although the typical Japanese diet is probably healthier than your average western diet, I'm not so sure it had much effect. At least not so much as I could tell -- I basically maintain the same diet here in CA as I did in Japan.

My acne in Tokyo was actually much worse due to the variations between the seasons, which I don't really get here in CA. This was especially true in the summer where it gets REALLY HUMID. The type of humid in which you take a shower, you step out feeling all refreshed, and within 5 minutes outside your door, you feel all grimy that you need to take a shower again. The dry climate of CA has helped calm my acne and I always notice a breakout whenever I return to Tokyo during the humid summer months.

JC!

My plans are coming along! I can't believe I leave in less than a month though...still so many things to do. Best of luck with the plane ticket & accommodation situation! So you think I should just go ahead and order the eucerin now hey? I hope face renewal works. This is a bit of a gamble, but here goes! Oh and one more thing - could I possibly use coconut oil with Dan's regimen?

Kuyars (Hey to another fellow half-Japanese) & colly1 (hey to another Canadian!):

wink.gif Thanks re: the heads up on bp - I am bringing 10 tubes with me! I hear that one should also bring vitamins when moving to another country to keep healthy...so thanks for the headsup there too.

Now if I could only bring a year's supply of contacts with me...

I am dreading the humidity. After an hour or two in Vancouver in the summer, my face is pretty shiny. I can't imagine what it's going to be like in a humid environment. :blink: And Kuyars, I think I know what you're saying re: the dry weather in CA - when I was there for just a couple weeks, my skin was much nicer.

could I possibly use coconut oil with Dan's regimen?

Oily stuff is not "bad" for you, as popular myth may have you believe. There are just so many oils out there that you can use on your skin which is deemed beneficial, and non-comedogenic as well.

For example:

• Jojoba Oil

Emu Oil

Tea Tree Oil

Lavender Oil

Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

Extra Virgin Olive Oil (great for massages)

Manuka Oil

There are many oils that are not good for you as well, but you can't clump them all into one "bad" category just because they are simply oils.