Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sephora28

so I am going to grow out my natural color

*shock, appalled, scandal* sephora is going to grow out his natural color. Shocking I know. After years of dyeing it and not seeing my natural color in like 5 years, I have decided not to use chemicals anymore. I flat iron my hair already and that combined with the dye has made my hair damaged. And I mean damaged. It was halfway down my neck and I got 5 inches cut off from the damage. Then I noticed that other day that the remainder hair, which looked very healthy after I first got it cut, has now begun to split and break and fall apart like my dead ends did before they were cut. I have been talking to kei_fujo about it, and she has been super nice and helpful, but I wanted to ask, has anyone else here just absolutely ruined there hair one way or another and had to start from scratch? I had such pretty hair, it was jet black, bone straight and half way down my neck, and then it decided it had had enough and started to break a month ago, BIG time. I am so sad, lol :(

I dyed my hair black in high school (my hair's dirty blond) and got really tired of it. It was hard to grow out since the colors were so different so I went to a salon and they stripped it out (what they could) and it was a darkish brown. He then put a reddish tint all over in so the natural hair and the dyed part wouldn't be shockingly different. (the tint washed out eventually) I also got it cut a lot shorter so that helped. I kept it pretty short until it grew out all the way. I don't know if any of this will help you but I hope it does!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/72/203851041_47702d3466_o.jpg --picture I found of it when the dyed part was just at the ends.--this is 13 years ago!

aww Ben. I remember the night you bleached it blonde and had to make several calls to the L'Oreal hotline, lol.

Maybe get a buzz cut or something since it's summertime and just let it grow from there.

aww Ben. I rememer the night you bleached it blonde and had to make several calls to the L'Oreal hotline, lol.

Maybe get a buzz cut or something since it's summertime and just let it grow from there.

uh....no. I just had 5 inches cut off which was horrifying enough.

oh shit. I succumbed and dyed it. My roots looked so bad. And the more I looked at it the more I just wasn't happy with the idea of being a red head again. I used natural instincts in black and my hair felt MUCH better than how it normally feels after dying with a permanent color. I have garnier strength and repair conditioner in my hair for 20 minutes right now. Wish me luck. I am going to go get it trimmed after I get paid on thursday so the new splits do not get out of control again.