Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is probably a dumb question...

but I'm wondering what other people do in terms of switching foundations when getting tanner?

Basically, I'm a pretty pale person in general. I avoid being in the sun too much because I hate getting burned (and I always do!) and I dont' really want to risk doing more damage to my skin when I can avoid it...

But! Im supposed to be going away to the beach in a few week, so its inevitable that, despite my best attempts to hide beneath layers of SPF, I'll probably get SOME sun.

Thing is, I really don't want to have to buy another whole new foundation to match my "tanned" skin, only to have the tan fade after a week or so and have a bunch of foundation left that I can't use because it is too dark...and obviously I can't just keep using the shade I always do because it will probably be too light and look weird.

I also really hate going out without makeup, as much as I wish that this was a non-issue. My skin is much better and theres no ACTIVE acne on it anymore, but its still very blotchy and uneven and there are a few red marks leftover that I like to try to cover up. Basically, I would be very uncomfortable going without makeup until my prospective tan faded to the point where I could go back to using my normal makeup.

I guess I'm just wondering what other people do in the summer to match their skin tones as it changes from being outside etc, or if everyone just buys new foundations to go along with the summer? ha.

Go without founfation, it might melt off or fade so its better to wear none and avoid getting yucky faced, and when u do get tanned you can use the darker foundation next year so yeah it wont go to a complete waste :]

I'm the same way about leaving the house without makeup, and I think our skin/acne is similar. I don't have any active pimples right now, just blotchy redmarks! blah!

Anyways, leaving the house all I do is apply a very light amount of makeup when heading outdoors/to the beach. Choose the spots that are bothering you the most and cover those up, without using TOO much.

As far as blending tanned skin to your makeup, I would suggest getting some kind of bronzer (I use bareMinerals Warmth All-Over Face Color/powder, $20, it's worth the cost because it lasts a long time!). This way you can apply your makeup and try blending it back with your tanned skin with the bronzer/darker color. Does that make any sense? lol

Usually I apply my makeup first, use the bronzer, and then blend it all in with a little more makeup on top. I use mineral powder makeup, so I dunno how this method works with other foundations/concealers.

Hope this helps! Enjoy the beach, too! :nod:

I used to have this same problem and I would have tons of different foundations just left over... Now I just buy one foundation that matches my skin tone at the time and continue to use it as my skin gets darker, just apply a bronzer to match your neck/chest skin tone. But when buying a bronzer make sure it doesnt look too orange or dark for your skin. Hope this helped :)

This is probably a dumb question...

but I'm wondering what other people do in terms of switching foundations when getting tanner?

Basically, I'm a pretty pale person in general. I avoid being in the sun too much because I hate getting burned (and I always do!) and I dont' really want to risk doing more damage to my skin when I can avoid it...

But! Im supposed to be going away to the beach in a few week, so its inevitable that, despite my best attempts to hide beneath layers of SPF, I'll probably get SOME sun.

Thing is, I really don't want to have to buy another whole new foundation to match my "tanned" skin, only to have the tan fade after a week or so and have a bunch of foundation left that I can't use because it is too dark...and obviously I can't just keep using the shade I always do because it will probably be too light and look weird.

I also really hate going out without makeup, as much as I wish that this was a non-issue. My skin is much better and theres no ACTIVE acne on it anymore, but its still very blotchy and uneven and there are a few red marks leftover that I like to try to cover up. Basically, I would be very uncomfortable going without makeup until my prospective tan faded to the point where I could go back to using my normal makeup.

I guess I'm just wondering what other people do in the summer to match their skin tones as it changes from being outside etc, or if everyone just buys new foundations to go along with the summer? ha.

I have mixed foundation and brown eyeshadow together to create a darker color. I used a matte one for days, and a glittery one when going out.

Now though, I use Everyday Minerals. I mix two foundations together to get my perfect match. The large sizes last a very nice long time.