Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey there

Just wondering if there is an ipledge kind of thing that you have to do in the uk? i know that in the US and in Austrailia you have to wait a month after your first visit to the derm called an ipledge or something. is there something like this in the uk?

thank you :D

No... no ipledge. I'm 22 and was 21 when I first took isotretinoin. I have to take monthly pregnancy tests before I am prescribed more. When I was first prescribed I simply had to take a pregnancy test, some blood tests and then sign to say I understood I could not get pregnant.

I am not on any form of birth control either as it doesn't agree with me and always leaves me very depressed. I simply had to sign to say I understood that the only option was a termination if I did get pregnant and that my dematologist had given me all the correct info and warnings.

No, it was the same for me, i was referred by my GP to the derm, who looked at me, explained everything, did a preg test even tho i have been sterilised, then had a blood test and was given my prescription.

oh my goodness you have no idea how fabulous that news is! :D

saves a month of waiting which is awsome!

thanks for brightening up my day x