Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MadeUpMelly

Fraxel Re:Store Break Out

Hi all, I am new here. I just had my 2nd Fraxel Re:Store treatment done and my chin and mouth are broken out like crazy! I have about 8 cysts and 6 mouth sores. I had light millia appear after my first treatment but nothing like this. I got 3 at once 2 weeks ago and now they are starting to deflate but now 2 new ones are popping up in other parts of the chin.

The doctor gave me a prescription for oral Acyclovir, Clindamycin and Doxycycline (all at once) to make it go away and this was 3 weeks ago. I am afraid the Fraxel treatments won't work if I don't have them done every 4 weeks but I can't continue until the chin breakouts go away. Is this normal? Did anyone else have this type of reaction?

Hi all, I am new here. I just had my 2nd Fraxel Re:Store treatment done and my chin and mouth are broken out like crazy! I have about 8 cysts and 6 mouth sores. I had light whiteheads appear after my first treatment but nothing like this. I got 3 at once 2 weeks ago and now they are starting to deflate but now 2 new ones are popping up in other parts of the chin.

The doctor gave me a prescription for oral Acyclovir, Clindamycin and Doxycycline (all at once) to make it go away and this was 3 weeks ago. I am afraid the Fraxel treatments won't work if I don't have them done every 4 weeks as reccomended but I can't continue until the chin breakouts go away. Now I am starting to get cysts on my cheeks, places I have never had them before. Is this normal? Did anyone else have this type of reaction?

I am having this done to treat 3 deep scars I had from cysts I had in the past but I have never more than 3 at once and my face has been relatively clear for years. I am fearful that these new cysts will leave new scars. I think this doctor (he's a plastic surgeon) doesn't know what he's talking about. I hear that doxycycline doesn't start working until after about 4 weeks and he said it would work in a matter of days. I have been using Proactiv again to help soothe the blemishes but I don't know what to do. I didn't know it would do this. :confused:

My logic tells me that you don't necessarily have to do the treatments four weeks apart. My RN told me right after my 1st Fraxel Restore that I don't have to do another one for another six weeks, mostly because of my skin type (Asian). So far knock on wood...2nd day of my treatment...no breakouts, skin starts to flake, face still pinkish red, and I noticed a couple small pigmentation, other than that things are looking ok.

I've had bad experience with oral antibiotics so I can't comment there...my opinion, looks like the safer thing for you to do is to let the break out run its course....maybe apply BP since it's already 3rd week anyway and see if it controls it. I actually had a few active pimples myself at the time of appointment and the RN went through those with the Fraxel wand and in my case, so far it actually made the pimples disappear.

I had 2 major blemishes on my face when they did the second treatment and they went away. Now they are refusing to continue the treatment until it stops breaking out. I am still getting a new cyst everyday and the BP doesn't seem to be helping. I don't know what to do. I meant to add that they went ahead and did the 3rd treatment and left my chin untouched and that was 4 weeks ago now. I am fearful that this won't stop since I seem to get a new one everyday and the ones that are healing are starting to come back.

I had 2 major blemishes on my face when they did the second treatment and they went away. Now they are refusing to continue the treatment until it stops breaking out. I am still getting a new cyst everyday and the BP doesn't seem to be helping. I don't know what to do. I meant to add that they went ahead and did the 3rd treatment and left my chin untouched and that was 4 weeks ago now. I am fearful that this won't stop since I seem to get a new one everyday and the ones that are healing are starting to come back.

My Fraxel experience is still pretty limited...I barely finished my 1st treatment (and so far I have only one very small break out on my chin...which is not a cyst at all..thank goodness)...I understand your frustration also since I noticed that ironically even though this place has 10 times more visitors than back in 2003, responses on thread is ridiculously slow...but anyway...

My only recommendation like before is keep taking your derm's antibiotics (if he/she gave you any)...and keep them clean when you wash your face with gentle stuff like cetaphil, and apply BP gel to control it..that's the only advise I can give you.....

Thank you so much for responding! I went to the doctor today and he gave me a prescription for a Z pack, saying it may be staph. We will see... *fingers crossed*

Well, I thought I would update this even though no one cares lol. I took a Z pack and it helped deflate everything. But, now, the same cysts on my chin are coming back. I have one treatment left that I paid for but don't think I'm going to do it. I worked so hard to get rid of my acne and now I am breaking out with no end in sight. Whatever your doctor/plastic surgeon says about Fraxel, don't do it!

Guest Chrisâ„¢

I just had my sixth fraxel:Restore treatment on Friday. I'm getting them done for my bad acne scars too. I've been having them done every two weeks. I have two big cysts and also some breakouts in various places atm and it sucks because I haven't had active acne for like five years. It doesn't really matter for me though because my scars are so bad that they like camoflauge the acne lmao(kidding, but not really sadly). Still though, this shit sucks... I hope the breakouts go away soon. My PS (that's doing the fraxel treatments) hasn't given me any type of antibiotic to take during treatments either which is wierd because when I had erbium yag laser treatments years ago the doc gave me all types of meds. I'm just fighting this shit with BP right now and I'll see what happens.. :s I'm getting fraxels done for free though so I can't really complain, but damn I don't want to break out like I used to, too many problems already without the acne. On the upside though, my face has had some slight improvement with texture and smoothness, and some of the scars are slightly improving.

How are you doing today Melly? Is the cysts on your chin getting any better? Did you ever figure out if it was a staph infection or not?

I really don't know what is going on with my chin. All of the cysts flattened out last week and were fading after taking the Z pack. Now the exact same ones (8 total, plus a bunch of millia) are coming back. I don't have a dermatologist and the plastic surgeon doesn't seem to know anything about the medication he has put me on.

I had my 3rd face treatment (sans the chin because of the breakout) 5 weeks ago and and it's been 11 weeks since the 2nd treatment was done on my chin. Still breaking out. I believe I may have a staph infection. I have been battling cystic acne for about 12 years and I have never had this many at once on my chin. Funny thing is, the rest of my face is smooth and clear.

I just had my sixth fraxel:Restore treatment on Friday. I'm getting them done for my bad acne scars too. I've been having them done every two weeks. I have two big cysts and also some breakouts in various places atm and it sucks because I haven't had active acne for like five years. It doesn't really matter for me though because my scars are so bad that they like camoflauge the acne lmao(kidding, but not really sadly). Still though, this shit sucks... I hope the breakouts go away soon. My PS (that's doing the fraxel treatments) hasn't given me any type of antibiotic to take during treatments either which is wierd because when I had erbium yag laser treatments years ago the doc gave me all types of meds. I'm just fighting this shit with BP right now and I'll see what happens.. :s I'm getting fraxels done for free though so I can't really complain, but damn I don't want to break out like I used to, too many problems already without the acne. On the upside though, my face has had some slight improvement with texture and smoothness, and some of the scars are slightly improving.

How are you doing today Melly? Is the cysts on your chin getting any better? Did you ever figure out if it was a staph infection or not?

Guest Chrisâ„¢

Damn, that sucks :(. When I took antibiotics for my cystic acne back in the day (before accutane) it made my cysts like ten times worse. A family doctor prescribed them to me and I'm pretty sure she didn't know what the hell she was talking about either and it just made the situation a lot worse. Are you planning on seeing a derm? I definately would if you have 8 cysts at once, maybe they can inject you with some steroids or at least tell you wtf is going on or give you a proper medication. I need to go back to a derm too but I don't have insurance right now and can't afford it. Good ol' U.S.A. healthcare system, never fails to let people down. I'm willing to bet that you're right about your PS, he probably has no idea whatsoever about acne and he probably prescribed some random meds that doesn't work. If I were you, I would definately get an appointment with a derm asap, if you have insurance (or the money) that is. Good luck to you as well, I hope it clears up soon.